Short Deck Tourneys

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just played a Short Deck Tourney (no 2,3,4,5) 6 handed and I wonder what the odds of catching with less outs are. i.e. catch a flush draw on the flop and there are only 5 outstanding catches in your suit so is the estimate of % still 4 x 5 outs? Also does it now become easier to catch Straights etc?:):):)

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Just played a Short Deck Tourney (no 2,3,4,5) 6 handed and I wonder what the odds of catching with less outs are. i.e. catch a flush draw on the flop and there are only 5 outstanding catches in your suit so is the estimate of % still 4 x 5 outs? Also does it now become easier to catch Straights etc?:):):)

Congrats on the new try:)

The percentage is definitely not the same, because almost 1/3 of the deck is not in play (2,3,4,5)
It is harder to catch a flush, because now you only have 5 more flushcards to draw to instead of 9, but if you do hit that 5 outer you are nearly unbeatable (unless quads or straight flush hits)
It is much easier to make straights though imo

Good luck at the tables

2fingershuffle

2fingershuffle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the new try:)

The percentage is definitely not the same, because almost 1/3 of the deck is not in play (2,3,4,5)
It is harder to catch a flush, because now you only have 5 more flushcards to draw to instead of 9, but if you do hit that 5 outer you are nearly unbeatable (unless quads or straight flush hits)
It is much easier to make straights though imo

Good luck at the tables

Haven't played short deck yet... imo, play for straights is best bet