Shoot High

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few days ago I decided to shoot high, usually I buy 1.10 2.20 and 3.30 Buy-In. But I decided to try a tournament much more than I am used to, anyway, I ended up winning one of 22.00 !!

And do you do this sometimes?

I think it could be a chance to hit a big prize.

Win22PP.png

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I do sometimes take a "shot" by playing a tournament, which is somewhat outside my bankroll. Obviously you got very lucky to win it, but in general it help you develop as a player to experience, how a higher buyin tournament play.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I do sometimes take a "shot" by playing a tournament, which is somewhat outside my bankroll. Obviously you got very lucky to win it, but in general it help you develop as a player to experience, how a higher buyin tournament play.

Thank you for your comment.

I appreciate your idea, this luck I got in this tournament, increases our motivation!

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course. Every week i tend to play one tournament that has a pretty big prize, and its much higher buy in than my usual. It keeps the game interesting for me and kind of culmination of the whole week of poker.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only caveat is, that a big win, like what OP had here, can course us to skip stakes and move up to fast. If OP has been grinding 1-3$ MTTs until now, then the prudent move after this 700$ boost to the bankroll is to replace the 1$ tournaments with 4-5$ tournaments and play with a deeper roll for a while. It can also be a reasonable approach to withdraw for instance half the win and invest it in either poker software, training sites or simply pleasure.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the end of the year, satellites for tournaments with prize pools of 200K and more were held at pokerstars and partypoker. I played on satellites with a $ 22 entry to get a ticket for a further game. Several times I have succeeded. At the final tournament, I was lucky to get into the prize pool and win $ 80. But that did not return my costs. I spent $ 160.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its always nice to make a one time play and win like this but I would take the winning and play the new stakes that I could now afford to play. Best of luck to you.