Shark Scope online tournament results database

V

Vander44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see there an option to opt in or opt out (on the site directly as well as 888). Any commentary on the advantages or disadvantages of doing either?

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Advantage is you get to see and analyse your results for free. Once you opt in you can see everything since your first game.

Disadvantage is so can everyone else.

n1ckoftime

n1ckoftime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you opt out I believe it wont show all of your stats like profit or roi

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is ability rating ? I check mine and I’m a 73. I noticed that after winning SnG and going deep in tournaments it goes up.
Does it look at cash game performance?

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournament (SNG/MTT only). It's supposed to factor everything in, including for example both ROI and ABI. But from my experience, I think it tends to be too focused on buy-in. Someone breaking even at high-stakes will usually have a much higher Ability rating than someone crushing low-stakes. So I would mainly look at the other stats like Number of Games / ROI / Total Profit / etc.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not sure its needed to be opted out. It nice to see how you have done overall but at the lower stakes who really looks into it? I have to be honest and it really has not changed my thoughts on any players.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
But the real question here is how accurate it is?

I have seen players' graphs which are not accurate , especially if they have won a big buy in MTT ticket and similar stuff.There's a plummeted line steeper than a free fall :p

Plus let's say you want to do some real searching then you must subscribe.