Set over Full House, call ALL In with 100bb deep ?

H

hachbani

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi,

I just busted out of a tournament and still can't figure out how I could play my hand differently.

I was 14th in a tournament of 160 ITM and we were 190 left.
STACK: 116bb

PreFLOP:
UTG(38bb) : Call 1bb
UTG+1(81bb) : Raise 3.5bb
UTG+2 (127bb) : Call 3.5bb
CO and SB: Folds
BB (Me): Call with :qh4: :9h4:

Flop: :qs4: :qd4: :kc4:
BB, UTG, UTG + 1: Check
UTG+2: bets 2.5bb
I call and the others fold

Turn: :3h4:
I check, he bets 3.5bb and i call

River: :8s4:
I check, he bets 10bb, I raise ALL In, he calls with :qc4: :ks4: (Full house)

And so I bust, Im not pissed at all since It was only a micro stakes tournament, I want to learn if it was possible for a poker player to expect that the villain is holding a Full House.

Thank you everyone.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see anything wrong... At this point it's a bad beat...

All-in preflop he maybe would have call

All-in postflop, both would have call...

All-in anywhere he would have call....

The only way I see you could have make this different is by folding your Q9 suited preflop.

no 3-bet, no sign of big hit.. he slow played his full house...

That's Poker Phil!

-TRP-

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with TheRealPage.
Think we all would throw it in big time on this board.
Indeed the only way avoid that is the fold preflop

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the river shove was not a great idea and where you could have played it differently. I would have 3 bet to about 25-30BB looking for a happy call. IF he shoved then you know there maybe a kicker issue. By shoving all in over his 10BB raise you really made it easy for him. Have a big hand or fold. I admit the way he played it was odd and it looked like a week hand he had but what hands can call here. A full house of course and to be honest there are some players who call week Q's preflop but how many call or raise with Q7 here or worse. I am not sure you could have folded to his 4 bet shove had you raised as I would have but you at least would have had the chance to think about it and possibly get away from going broke here. You never said what type of player he was but even most crazy ones wont call off here this deep stacked and this deep in the tournament without a good hand.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why enter a hand against two people who paid 3.5 BB preflop?

That almost guarantees you will lose against another queen with better kicker...

Extremely dangerous hands for you are very likely to be in the range of your opponents...

And your stack is so big that you can safely fold, get ITM and then, if you do not get lucky you can later shove when you get Q9 suites with just 15 BB left....

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure how excited I would be to play that hand out of position against 3 other players. That said, you can probably just check/call the river and only lose 20 BB...raise/fold is also an option but I'm most inclined to check/call. The guy fired 3 bullets, maybe he fires 3 bullets with KJ or AK...but he also probably isn't calling an allin jam on the river unless he has you crushed. I can't think of a single hand that's calling your river jam and doesn't have you beat.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you didn't do anything during the hand to see where his value. You basically hooked yourself. Would have probably Re-Raised the turn. You also went in with 3 , Eff that Noise. More than Likely without actually knowing the guy holding KQ even if you popped and he 4 bet you'd be getting it all in by the river you felt super strong with it and I get it. Just kind of a bad play with it, it happens though.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop - fold. You always will pay to better hands and no one will pay you if you`ve got nuts.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you could have played a little bit differently, but I'm not sure that you would have been able to get away from this one. You could have raised the flop to gain information and make straight draws pay. He most likely would have called, which would have alerted you that something was up. Still, that wouldn't have given you much information. You could still put him on hands like AK or a straight draw. This is a tough way to bust out. Take note that he didn't even need a full house. He only needed a kicker higher than a 9.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he showed the AQ would you take it easier ? ))

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made an aggressive mistake in which only a better hand can call you.Regardless or not if you could read he had a FH or not.

Last edited:
M

MicroBratt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with you checking the river wasn't bad, to see what he would do and where you might stand with the hand. Now he bets 10BB, what's wrong with just calling there, there was enough that could still beat you, 10/J/A kickers. And you still have about 95BB left , that isn't a bad hand in BB to see the flop with, and the betting was on the small side until you jammed over him.
What's the worst that can happen to you with just a call, but a all in and behind and the tourney is over, I hate that too cause I fall under that as well at times.