Serious question about tournament!

C

canfoldaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys I am a tournament player.This is a question I need an answer from a winning player.
When is the right time to register in a 5 minute blind structure and 10 minute blind structure?
Do I need to register when starting stack is only like 30 to 40 BB or 50 to 70 BB? I really hate players limping with weird hands just because the blinds is too small
I really need an answer cause I want to register in a tournament where every hand is important and not idiot players limp with weird hands like 78s etc.
Pls answer how many BB remaining with the starting stack for 5 minute blind and 10 minute blind

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depends of the buyin of the tourney, because idiot players will limp weird hands in any blind size, but in my opinion the right time to enter is around 30 to 40 BB in any structure 5 or 10 minutes, but in 5 minutes is better enter with 60bb

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enter in the beginning. Those players you complain about are the easiest to bust. Get in cheap and wait for the home run.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I know, it is always recommended to register at the beginning of the Tournament, but i think it varies from person to person, your example also proves this! I see you don't like the early stages of Tournaments, so i think wait for some blind levels.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7/8 suited isn't a "weird" hand

statistically its the hand you want against big pairs like aces
other then that.....
registering from the start is, in my opinion, when you where you want to begin a game.
if your first few hands are premium hands and you miss them ??, you miss a great beginning
to the game.
its really up to you, that's the glory of late registration, if you prefer it, in most games its there.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
For me it is best to start from the beginning of the tournament and the first hands that begin to lam with silly hands as you say it is my moment of analysis trying not to risk much my bank for such reason I spend about 10 hands to see how they are my opponents accepting if I get very strong hands that I add them to close the table once the opponent plays are normalized, I will begin my strategy of choosing the most appropriate hands according to my position.
I hope my advice serves to make me win good tournaments or finish in three first

C

canfoldaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the infos guys

n1ckoftime

n1ckoftime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's why I prefer to register at the beginning of an event. Im one of those players that likes to sneak in with a hand like 78 in hopes to win a big pot early :)

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys I am a tournament player.This is a question I need an answer from a winning player.
When is the right time to register in a 5 minute blind structure and 10 minute blind structure?
Do I need to register when starting stack is only like 30 to 40 BB or 50 to 70 BB? I really hate players limping with weird hands just because the blinds is too small
I really need an answer cause I want to register in a tournament where every hand is important and not idiot players limp with weird hands like 78s etc.
Pls answer how many BB remaining with the starting stack for 5 minute blind and 10 minute blind

if you don't feel comfortable playing with bigger stacks you should try to late reg.
If you Register just before late reg Ends, you Play with a stack of ~15-25bb, so it's less limping and more push or fold.
but as others already mentioned, in the early stage with smaller blinds it's easier to gain Chips against weaker Player.

7/8 suited isn't a "weird" hand

statistically its the hand you want against big pairs like aces
that's bullshit. do you know what statistically means?
with 87s vs AA (without blocker for your fd) you have ~23% to win. so you are About to lose ~ 77 times out of 100 times. so apart from the fact that you don't want to be up against Aces at all, 87s is garbage. you can only hope for a Miracle flop, that's it. you have no kicker, only a small flush and str8 draw. you should only Play it if you have decent post flop skills.
edit: against KK-99 your odds are getting worse. 99 vs 87s you have less than 20%

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your goal is to win in poker, then you need to learn to lose those loose players, who limp and call every freaking hand, because they are your main source of profit. Also as someone said already, there is no stage of a tournament, where these players will stop limping and playing to many hands. In hyper turbo freerolls I see people limping in with half their stack sometimes.

I do understand, that it can sometimes be frustrating, because they kind of force you to make hands and beat them at showdown. There are few easy small pots, where you just steal the blinds or take it home with a C-bet in a small pot. But you need to overcome this, and actually I don’t really see the issue in the early face of a tournament. Then you just raise big with your good hands and get paid.

Its more, when stacks get down to 20-40 blinds, that limpers can become a little bit annoying, because they force you to risk a significant amount of your stack, if you still want to raise preflop and C-bet the flop. But even so people can play, as they want, and its your job to create a strategy to beat them. Which could perhaps include limping behind more, when you have these middling stack sizes.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its always best to start from beggining... Those players you hate playing will put you out sometimes, but most times they will double you up

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you don't feel comfortable playing with bigger stacks you should try to late reg.
If you Register just before late reg Ends, you Play with a stack of ~15-25bb, so it's less limping and more push or fold.
but as others already mentioned, in the early stage with smaller blinds it's easier to gain Chips against weaker Player.

that's bullshit. do you know what statistically means?
with 87s vs AA (without blocker for your fd) you have ~23% to win. so you are About to lose ~ 77 times out of 100 times. so apart from the fact that you don't want to be up against Aces at all, 87s is garbage. you can only hope for a Miracle flop, that's it. you have no kicker, only a small flush and str8 draw. you should only Play it if you have decent post flop skills.

edit: against KK-99 your odds are getting worse. 99 vs 87s you have less than 20%

there it is...1 out of 4
statistically, your best chance

I didn't say its a winning hand just its your best chance
have a great day

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tournaments with 10 minute levels, and register to have at least 70 big blinds.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to register at the beginning this is usually how you can build a stack idiots shoving when they have caught a small piece of the flop or even better shoving into your nuts is the best by far

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in tournaments with a 5-minute structure you should always jump in the beginning and pick up the stacks of these good people! as for the 10 minute structure, I would not recommend sitting down at the table when your starting stack is already less than 25bb and the rest is optional!

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest if you don't like crazy play do not play in unlimited rebuy tourneys! Play freezeouts. Or play 2R1A tourneys or tourneys with very small rebuy periods.

Generally Global has the shortest rebuy periods at 30 min to 1 hr. ACR and others can be up to 4 hrs. Much higher quality play in freezeouts and the single and double rebuy max tourneys .

In turbos (5min blinds) I generally play with a wider range as the blinds move so fast if can destroy your stack if you play too tight. I suggest avoiding them if you are a Tight to super tight player. You will be exploited in one of these events.

C

canfoldaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to register at the beginning this is usually how you can build a stack idiots shoving when they have caught a small piece of the flop or even better shoving into your nuts is the best by far
But this is the time that you can bust by calling with a nut flush draw right? and missed

C

canfoldaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest if you don't like crazy play do not play in unlimited rebuy tourneys! Play freezeouts. Or play 2R1A tourneys or tourneys with very small rebuy periods.

Generally Global has the shortest rebuy periods at 30 min to 1 hr. ACR and others can be up to 4 hrs. Much higher quality play in freezeouts and the single and double rebuy max tourneys .

In turbos (5min blinds) I generally play with a wider range as the blinds move so fast if can destroy your stack if you play too tight. I suggest avoiding them if you are a Tight to super tight player. You will be exploited in one of these events.
Thanks for the tip

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But this is the time that you can bust by calling with a nut flush draw right? and missed
All depends on how you play your hands I was referring to having nut flush and being shoved on. Thank you for your chips sir

C

canfoldaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its always best to start from beggining... Those players you hate playing will put you out sometimes, but most times they will double you up
I think I agree with you, especially on KO tourneys