SCOOP $22 NLHE Recommendations

M

Mercurius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all

Just picked up a $22 ticket for entry into a SCOOP event from tonight’s freeroll.

I’ve never played in the SCOOP events before (primarily a micro cash player) so was hoping for some advice from the regs as to where my $22 entry is best placed.

There looks to be 5-10 NLHE events which are the ones I’d enter. Unlikely to do heads up as no real experience so which look the most attractive in terms of value? Looks like my options are:

• direct entry to a $22 NLHE SCOOP event (Low stakes)
  • phase 1 for event 01 (Mid stakes)
  • satellite to a $215 SCOOP target (e.g Phase 1, event 01 high stakes)
  • SCOOP $22 hyper spin and go (random prize value from $44 to $10k main event entry)
I got to this point via a freeroll if that impacts the answer (ie worth taking a shot at the big time). My bankroll wouldn’t lend itself to entry for any of these events so this is a one off treat.

Look forward to your thoughts

M

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last year I played ton of events during SCOOP but the one I am most proud of was 22$ phase 1. On my first attempt, I finished with a very decent stack size and progressed to phase 2.

I literally played abc poker. Standard opening range, nothing fancy. I also was very patient and figured out who good players are and separated them from bad.
Basically - don't try anything against bad players, just wait for strong holdings and call them off or bet if they are calling stations.
Against good ones, you can go for some bluff here and there but it is not needed to survive phase 1 and get into phase 2.

Keep in mind, once in phase2, there will be a lot of super short stacks that got there, so it is very easy to get to at least one payjump with a mid stack.

However, considering you haven't payed anything to get the 22$ ticket, I would advise playing any PKO event. There you can get some $ from your freeroll, even if you don't finish ITM. In this case, I advise playing a pretty tight range, and be aggressive with premium holdings. Usually these MTTs have a decent and deep stacks so you can really wait for your moment to win.

Best of luck