School pass tickets

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those of you who do occasionally get some of these tickets, how do you use them?

I played in a 9x3.30 tickets guaranteed tourney yesterday (and managed to win a ticket :D), but it took about 4 and a half hours, and I couldn't imagine how bad it would be getting 10th and getting absolutely nothing for all that play time. Just made me wonder what tourneys are best to play with these tickets

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These tournaments are given so that you can make yourself a bankroll. Choose what you have to play best. So I, after I made the minimum bankroll, switched to SNG, and continue to increase the bankroll and play the distance.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What tournaments in particular did you play with these tickets? Did you manage to win some money from the ticket you got from the tournament?

H

hooble1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These tickets are next to useless. Sometimes you get 1000 players in a tournament with 9 prizes of $3. Every other freeroll has a better payout expectation.

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is convenient to use these tickets for satellites to big bangs and to 3.30. The rest does not make sense

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have school pass I use it at some interesting satelite such as SCOOP ,Place Holder, Or the big bang..

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I try to save for when they have big promotions. Must keep an eye on expiration date, I use them a few days before expire, I play any of the satellites that suite my playing schedule. I have won maybe 4 of those $3.30 tickets before.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
me have closed this promotion to my account

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most useless ticket that is available at pokerstars) is to play in these tournaments a waste of time. it makes sense in them to play only full newcomers to poker just to get used to the tournament game

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I won everyone but a big bang ticket it does take too long though and they should make them turbo

O

OneMoreTry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, rather useless. Makes no sense to spend time on returns that little and unlikely.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have played the tournament for 3.30 and tried to enter the prizes. I won this ticket twice.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I use this tickets when I want to play a tournament, but doesn't know how long I have. So never won anything, but had a great time

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
School pass tickets are probably not worth your time as long as you can afford to make a minimum deposit. But if the alternative is to not play at all then why not... although the odds of winning them are horrible they still represent an opportunity to create a tiny bankroll from scratch....

Keep an eye on those tourneys that run very late or early. Sometimes you can find a tournament with significantly fewer players than usual.

sissto

sissto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's quite interesting because I have some of these tickets and I asked myself if they are really useful! But now I have an idea how to use them! Thanks a lot :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always have a lot of tickets from the poker school, I get them for watching video training but I think these tickets are useless !!

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments with tickets a lot of people, because of this, I spent a lot of time on the game. I play for tickets when there is a lot of time and parallel play other tournaments.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback everyone! The general consensus seems like what I initially thought, its a free ticket so you might as well take a shot, but play for fun without the expectation of winning something from it.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
those tournaments are crazy at the beginning, once I happened to be in the 15th place, it was quite close for me, try to play the ticket in the tournament where you feel most comfortable

P

piko_bianko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won a $3.30 once but with a single chip rebuy to max my stack and an addon.
That way I could play tighter, and I think that was the main reason I managed to win the prize.
All other times I tried to dry play the ticket (with no rebuy/addon), it was disastrous.
Actually cost me $0.20, and a lot of time.
I spend less time with the $0.02 hyper turbos and making a dollar occasionally.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always have school pass tickets, but I never use them,

I always have school pass tickets, but I never use them, I do not have the patience to play tournaments where many people take part and few prizes. I need an incentive for the fact that I would correctly play tournaments and not allow myself to do all-in on any card. In general, of course, thanks to PokerStars for making it possible to win tickets or prizes without risking money. But these tournaments are not for me. This is my personal opinion, perhaps someone is arguing differently)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I regularly get these tickets. Previously, I often played tournaments for these tickets, but now there are so many more interesting freerolls that I have no time to use these tickets.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the best tournaments are those that have 48 ticket winners 0.25 spin and go.

you have more chances of winning a ticket

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
School Pass tickets I use to play Zoom or Spin-Go. To participate in satellites with these tickets can be if there is time.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play the SNG in the number of players that suits you best. I would do so.