Satellite to WSOP main

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a hand in a tourney where the winner got a 12,500 dollar package to the wsop main event. This is a year long event where they have a hundred dollar tourney every week where some of the prize pool goes towards this final game. You get 1000 chip towards the final game for every tourney you attend. 88 people made the final game and I started with 22,000 chips. We made it to the final table and I had an effective stack of 46,000. It was down to 7 of us left and I shipped from under the gun +1 with AQ diamonds. The BB called with JJ with a stack of 98,000. I flopped a flush draw but missed and was done. The blinds were 2000 4000 so I think the action was completely standard especially in a winner take all format. A couple friends think my shove was over aggressive and the BB call was as well considering a place in the main was at stake. I guess my question is who you agree with in this situation. Like I said I believe I'm shoving all day with just over 11 bb's with the AQ suited and in the bb place I'd make that call all day with pocket Jacks as well. Is my thinking correct or was it a punt off. Thanks for any opinions..

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a hand in a tourney where the winner got a 12,500 dollar package to the wsop main event. This is a year long event where they have a hundred dollar tourney every week where some of the prize pool goes towards this final game. You get 1000 chip towards the final game for every tourney you attend. 88 people made the final game and I started with 22,000 chips. We made it to the final table and I had an effective stack of 46,000. It was down to 7 of us left and I shipped from under the gun +1 with AQ diamonds. The BB called with JJ with a stack of 98,000. I flopped a flush draw but missed and was done. The blinds were 2000 4000 so I think the action was completely standard especially in a winner take all format. A couple friends think my shove was over aggressive and the BB call was as well considering a place in the main was at stake. I guess my question is who you agree with in this situation. Like I said I believe I'm shoving all day with just over 11 bb's with the AQ suited and in the bb place I'd make that call all day with pocket Jacks as well. Is my thinking correct or was it a punt off. Thanks for any opinions..

For anybody interested the villain with the Jacks took down the tourney and I'll be pulling for him to make a deep run in the main event this Summer.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your move was absolutely correct with 11BB remaining. Dont sweat it. Youll get em next time.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
your shove with 11 BB was good for sure, and I don't think the call was out of line either. it's as they say, that's poker!!!! Well done for getting that far..better luck next time:)

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AQ, you exhibited, without exception, well, but here you also have a hand like AA, KK, QQ, JJ and you are very lucky here. Good luck to you at the tables dear friend.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 11 big blinds you have to shove. At that point you have to make a stand. Don't sweat the loss. Poker happens.

WSOP Poker Tells