Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Hi everyone,

I have a question guys...

Do you have any strategy to play at S&G 6 players with Hyperturbo speed?

Personally, I really like this type of game and it has helped me a lot to be more aggressive when I play in tournaments.

Thnx for your answers

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I played some sng 6 player-max, my strategy is to play aggressive, but not always, I often wait a bit for the right moment to play like that, especially at the beginning of the sng, when they are hyper turbo I do not usually wait a lot because the blinds increase faster than normal, I do not know if that type of sng has helped me to play better aggressively because the tournaments I play are a bit slower

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper turbo SNGs come with very high variance, given the fact that most times you will not get a premium hand before the blinds start to destroy your stack. Because of this, you need to play extremely well from the Button and the Blinds. Know your ranges and know your table. Wait and see if opponents are min raising in the first two levels(because after that its an All In fest), and see what hands they are coming up with at showdown when they min raise. If they are less than marginal hands(QJo, KTo), then you can punish them with a 3bet with dominating hands. Getting back to the play in the blinds and on the button, you need to have a defined range for shoving and calling shoves, given how important the blinds are in these formats. In other words, you don't need to wait for a pretty hand to shove from the button or SB, any Ace, any King, and any pair will be profitable, but always try and get a feel for the table. If the person to your left is being noticeably aggressive, don't try to shove a weak hand blind v blind vs him as he will be more likely to call.

All in all, if you get a premium hand(AK, AQ, 99+) in a hyper turbo, you're gonna have to go with it, especially if you are past the first or second blind level. You simply don't have enough time to wait for AA or KK in a format like this.