Run out of mental ''gas'' during 2 MTT Fts!

rikoberto

rikoberto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys..Yesterday i had a very good session at pokerstars,finally finished 2nd in 1.1$ MTT for 216,44$ and at same time,3rd in 1$ MTT for other 95$.
Someone will say ''ok mate,whats the problem?''..Problem is,that because of big playerpool and deep structure i was playing that tournaments for 7-8 hours and if we sum other 2 hours of grind of other MTTS (when i started my session till end i played around 20 tournaments),i was playing overall 10 hours in row..As a result,i run out of mental ''gas'' in worst time,feeling really exhausted at final tables and didnt have the appropriate energy to analyse my spots as i could..Some plays by me,were mechanical maybe let my self be exploited or i didnt exploit my villains as i could..Some hands i definately didnt play as i would like,but i will make review and maybe post some here in forum later.
Btw,both final tables had some low-mid stakes regs at final 4 so i needed to use 101% of all my power..(i didnt)..
So,my question is this:How you face a similar situation,when you feel ur brain is so ''tired'' but real money are now on table.How,during a long long session you keep your mind focused,clear and active 100%?Is there a practical way,to ''wake up'' your mind when u really need it for last poker marathon meters?
PS1:i went a fast walk on balkony to take some air during 5min break but didnt help..maybe an energy drink for that situations helps? :)
PS2:Ok,I finished both in top-3 places,but always we play for 1st place right?:)

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
First of all, congratulations for the achievements in the tournaments ..!:top::top:

Well sometimes it happens the same to me, many times the 5 minutes of rest are not enough to clear a little mind and focus again on the tournament, if I'm not 100% that day a tournament so long I'm exhausted more than normal , usually when the 5 minute break arrives I drink a little water, I talk with my friends and I comment some situations and they give me their advice, sometimes that's good too, I play and I listen to music to relax while I play, I think everyone we have a different process, all will not serve the same things that I do, I think that the more comfortable you feel you can feel less mental fatigue.

rikoberto

rikoberto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, congratulations for the achievements in the tournaments ..!:top::top:

Well sometimes it happens the same to me, many times the 5 minutes of rest are not enough to clear a little mind and focus again on the tournament, if I'm not 100% that day a tournament so long I'm exhausted more than normal , usually when the 5 minute break arrives I drink a little water, I talk with my friends and I comment some situations and they give me their advice, sometimes that's good too, I play and I listen to music to relax while I play, I think everyone we have a different process, all will not serve the same things that I do, I think that the more comfortable you feel you can feel less mental fatigue.

Thank you Mariale for answer and advice as well :)..So i listen also music to relax while playing,i have already a specific playlist when i grind and it helps in general yes..The matter is that 5 min break (as u said) isnt enough to clear ur mind and re-focus in game..Also something i forgot to mention before was that i didnt prepare a meal during session so i ended playing 10 hours only with water,,coffe,some cookies and lots of cigarettes!!i know its bad,so maybe my body wanted a boost by food as it needs ''gas'' to supply mind also..But again (in general)i dont have focus problems during my sessions and ofc its not first time i reach FT after long long play..But ok,every time is unique.Maybe i needed some fast snack,or little work out or even a ultra fast shower during that 5 min of break..i will change something in next FT,i will not allow my self to ''break down'' again:D
PS:Good luck at tables Mariale :)

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a hard problem to overcome, 7 hours later its hard to be on top of your mental focus. Many times there will be like 8 people left and its like Holy crap how much longer is this going to take LOL.

Good job on those FTs. Fts arent easy to make