Rules Question

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a theoretical rules question I'm just curious about, if anyone knows tourney rules well and can answer:

What happens if a tournament with rebuys "ends" before the rebuy period is up. For instance, everyone in the field goes all in for the first several hands, and then there is one player remaining. Do they just sit there until the rebuy period is up? Are the other players in second, third, fourth place, respectively, unless and until someone buys back in?

Not that I'd expect such a thing to happen, but curious what the procedure would be.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never encountered such a thing and I am also curious about what will happen in this case.Probably, until someone registers for the tournament, the time for late registration will not expire yet.although it's hard to say without knowing the layout.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some tourneys have a caveat that tourney must go to at least level 12 (or something like that) so I would suspect that the lone player would be sitting and waiting until certain period is over or rebuy period ends.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing is re-purchases and another is re-entries and another thing is late registration, I suppose that if there is late registration you have to wait until it ends, but if there is no late registration and all are eliminated, no matter how long the tournament ends.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That would be hilarious if something like that ever happened, but I don't think there is a chance that this would ever happen and the tournament director is the one to make a decision on all situations.

J

JJLakes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a satellite tourney with me and 2 other people. I knocked them both out in an all in situation and neither did a re-buy so I got the win ,it ended as soon as they both left.......

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he doesn't finish. The tournament has a set period in which it can end, and that period is after registration and rebuy ends. I think this is how it should work.

J

JJLakes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a satellite tourney with me and 2 other people. I knocked them both out in an all in situation and neither did a re-buy so I got the win ,it ended as soon as they both left.......
P.s.the tourney took 55 seconds and there was still roughly 29 minutes of late reg left

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It’s happened to me to, same thing, three players on a satellite, we went all in, and I won. I took a ticket, and it was over soon as I busted them.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Interesting question ! But that situation is very very unlikely to happen. In fact, you are assuming that no one of the losing players rebuys and no new players register. The odds of that are very slim. But if that ever happens, the tournament director would be the one to decide.

Poker Rules - Poker Games