The Roller Coaster ride of a lifetime

J

Jkj19886

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the other day I'm playing hold em tournaments and i think i didn't place in the 20 or so i played the last 2 days. The last straws came when, One tournament i had all but placed, had nearly 30k with bb near 10k the buyin was around 75$ with 15$ko so was a good chunk of $ and I had 1 ko already so i was sitting pretty good to make at leas 40$, then i get KK in sb and I already knew what was about to happen and the guy sittin beside me had 400 chips left after his ante and bb posted, and so ofc he folded on my raise but had 1 limp in preflop and he had a good stack so he called my raise and flop came that looked good for me, 739 so i shoves my last 12k in and he sat their for a min and boom he called me with qj he has nothing next thing i see 10 8 runner runner, I couldn't believe it, both the call and river flop cards. I was in shock as I just can't win no matter what I had or what I done, the end result was the same I would lose even if it seemed impossible for me to lose. Didn't get but just a few screams out b4 I had to re adjust and try to move on and focus on this other tournament I had been playing for about 2 hours and late registration was gonna close soon and about 5 min later I had qk they called my semi bluff (open ended sr8 draw) allin on the turn with k4 with no potential sr8's or flush's for them b4 i could finish start to lmao with that terrible call the river comes a 4. I was ready to implode, I've lost my mind at this point ready to ask who did i piss off to get this kinda bad luck. But I had registered for a 3$ tournament with 1$ pko and it just started right after that hand, so was not really ready to have some crazy loss happen again don't know if i coulda taken it at this point and I'm excepting to lose, I was so defeated and mentally drained once i seen 2-4 ) ppl go all in I didn't care what that cards were I was gonna call and just see if I couldn't suck out and get a couple dollar's b4 my eventuall lose. Instead something else happened and changed my luck for the next 8+ hours. With my 46 suited hearts I was all in with 2 people already all in and 2 more after me called, and i won somehow beating out ak aa 88 and qq with me flopping a sr8 draw 3 and 7 on flop and hitting the river 5, i only had taken out 2 of the 4 but I had a great stack early on in the tournament. So much so that a few hands later with 2 ppl shoving its only gonna cost me 5k of my 30k or so why not got nothing to lose cuz im still trying to process all the terrible beats I had endured. So with my a4 I called and thankfully as it coulda been alot worse they both had ak. So If a 4 comes I should take them both out to give me 4 ko's not even 10 min in the tournament and sure enough on the river came a 4, the river i had been wanting to murder the last few hours all of a sudden was making me some $ grated at this point I'm stil down 500$-1000$ so even if i KO everyone in this 3$ 1$pko ill still be -. So now were cooking we gotna great stack and for now we're not getting then most ridiculous defates, made it to the final table and had around 12-15 KO's lol but eventually I wound up getting 6th as my pocket AA got busted by 55. But I wasn't gonna complain hell just 2 hours ago I was ready to go and curl up in a ball and scream/cry till i feel asleep. So I decided to go ahead and try my luck in this 10$ 50k turbo that had less than 5min left of late reg b4 it closed and my 3rd hand i get pocket 10's and with the blinds being high wasn't gonna get many chances to try n get a better pp besides their wss 2 min left b4 it closes. So I shove and 3 ppl calling me I won't have to worry about the blinds killing me or anything if i can win this hand, well their hands were aa ak and 55 and wouldn't ya know it a 10 on the flop. So i just quadrupled up within 3 hands of this tournament and was among the top chip leaders and from their i didnt look back, with me winning the tournament and winning and 250$ and so i kept playing with my new found luck and would keep the winnings going, racking up 6 final tabels and 3 tournment wins and placing in the other 4 tournament's i played, With the max win being almost 500$ it was a ko tourney but it was a progressive one so even more for the ko's and i had legit 18 ko's before final table started. In that final table i had chip lead 5-6 times and even got myself down to last place on serval occasion's but i knocked out
7 of the 8 lol. Once it got down to final 5 i had a strangle hold on this tournament untill we got down to final 3 and got too aggressive on a hand or 2 n almost had tournament alip right through my hands but I got back on track knocking out 3rd place and taking out the last guy 5 min later. I was in another zone making the correct calls and bluffing to win huge pots for the majority of the tournament's, I had never experienced something so wild and crazy. I went from couldn't win if my life depended on it b/c the flop/turn/river would go against me and be the death of me. Then I I went to the completely opposite to where I couldn't lose even if I wanted to lol definitely never experienced nothing like it as farvas playing poker, I had so lmuch good luck on my side that would make Jamie Gold jealous lol. Just figured I'd share and maybe you've had something like that happen to you

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you lose, the more you will lose, get break the cycle playing less and having more quality because I've had this bad experience too. Play less and with more quality and you will find the cards.:D:)

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You sound very dependent on each happening, each result, each hand. Poker will take a toll on you that way & you'll inevitably loose passion for it & quit as the intensity will be impossible to maintain. Every MTT which last over 2 hours is a roller coaster ride with waves of variance. The best way to go about things is do away with bad BRM & treat your daily Poker as a simulation with your strategy Vs. Villains'
Best of luck..only if Im not in it :)