vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
How to win a long-term Tournament? How to make a proper decision? What are your best strategies that are successful?:stupido2::turtle: :icon_king

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to win a long-term Tournament? How to make a proper decision? What are your best strategies that are successful?:stupido2::turtle: :icon_king

By long term do you mean a long tournament with huge number of players or how to win tournaments overall?

For the first, I'd personally say, play TAG at the beginning then as you build the stack up, throw small bets pre flop to try and take the pot pre flop, don't over play your hands postflop with big stack etc.
For the second, probably figure out your overall playstyle, gather ton of experience and learn a whole lot about all possible percentages in poker. Almost the only way to be consistent winner in online poker is to make mathematically correct decisions all the time :)

Welcome to CC, best of luck

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, I mean a long-term tournament with huge number of players. TAG system is good for beginners, but if I play a long-term tournament and I'll be a genius of math then the probability of my victory is not equal to 100 percent. Different players play with me and they have various strategies, more professional players have more chances to win before beginners using the TAG system. How to quickly calculate your chances?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One thing you will always want to remember. It is not a race but a marathon. You will see players pushing to be a big stack early but it you follow who has the big stack early on they are many times out well before the money. Another thing you should remember is it is just one hand at a time. Don't dwell on a bad beat or seek out revenge on another player. If you do you will miss out on other opportunitys to build your stack and to be honest you may never have the opportunitys to get even with the other player.