Risking your whole stack?

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why in some times we are good in a tournament, but in some sines we put our all chips in risck?!

If we have 35BB is good to go all in against one player with 40BB?!

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why in some times we are good in a tournament, but in some sines we put our all chips in risck?!

Sometimes you have to put all-in, because the soperin will not fold to a raise. This should be looked at by how the opponent plays. :deal:

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the circumstances. In some cases, this is necessary. The more important the tournament is, the less you need to risk.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't think it's just a matter of whether you have more or less bb than your opponent, I think there are many variables that influence the decision to bet everything against a player who has more or less bb than you, for example if that player against whom Do you want to bet everything? Is it a player who has been playing aggressive? Are you close to the bubble? Is that all-in just a bluff attempt or are your cards really good for betting everything?

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There are a few situations where a push puts on enough pressure on opponent to get the fold. Otherwise bet for value. I like Phil Helmuth philosophy of trying to play tourney without having to get it all in and risking tournament life.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No pay, no win!

I resume this is... so we can’t to have afair if not we can to be a first player.

Tky gamers.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Unfortunately, in the tournament we have to face a situation where we risk everything, 35 BB is too wide for push in my opinion!

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, in the tournament we have to face a situation where we risk everything, 35 BB is too wide for push in my opinion!
To open-shove yes, it's too much, but as a 3-bet if 3-4 people are already in the pot and you have proper hand then why not

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think if you don't really care about outcome you can do it to double up quickly. Or push pocket aces early when some players might call with a very wide range.
And in general 13 BBs or less is the reasonable stack size for push.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's bubble period not worth to risk.

If the prize pool is small, not problem to all-in for me. :)

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I put all of my chips in risk only near the final table or if I am short staked.I don't play agressive this way you play.I prefer to play very tight.

Last edited: