Right play or foolish play?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we are playing 50$ Bounty tournament 4 max!
blind level 250/500/50
Hero is on Sb with 30041(60BB)stack!
Villian on BB with 31000(62BB) stack!
Button has 250(1/2BB) stack!
22/81 players remain 7 places away from money!
Hero on SB picks up 77!
Cuttoff folds
Btn Shoves!
hero thinks that he can steal Buttons 35$ bounty and villian might have to fold a lot of his his hands due to icm pressure!
Hero Goes All in!
Villian on BB Calls With A10o!
A on flop 77 doesnt hold!
Right play Or Hero should have just raise folded or just flatted?
Thanks!

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would play the same way, it's a flip this 77 x AT

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got to fold that deep, dont think you can spew off 60bbs with mid per. A flip is ICM suicide, and if its not a flip you are crushed.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have raised it up but not have gone all in as you are way too deep and should not risk going out with a hand like this. 77 is a flip vs an all in call of and if called you are at a flip at best if not dominated. I would have raised a bit higher than normal since if the BB calls we are out of position. I would have raised to 2000. I would have gone into checking it down mode on the flop depending on the cards that come but if the BB started to bet you were more likely than not beat.

How the heck did the BB call you with A10o is amazing.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should have folded. If this hand happened early in the tournament or after the cash bubble burst, then yeah this is a pretty decent way to play it. Being where it is in this tournament though you can't just risk that many chips on a coinflip call. The risk-reward for this hand is way to high with that weak of a hand. Basically what you have is either a double up or a KO for you and to risk your tournament life with pocket 7s isn't the right play at this point vs another big stack who likely isn't playing that lose either.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most times you are a coinflip at best, so I do not think it is a good call.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I think it's a lousy position with a pretty weak hand. I guess they call this a squeeze play, but being that you're 7 away from the win you have to ask yourself is it worth risking my tournament life? I would have probably got rid of this hand preflop.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
All in was a very risky move! You could better make a good raise preflop and perhaps the A10 would fold!

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have a little more patience if I am 60+ BB above the felt and I was that close to the money.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With one guy at your left to act, same size as you, I think raise would be better.

SoCalGrndR1

SoCalGrndR1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow! Terrible call by BB for stacks with A10, but with that said, I would not have shoved with 60BB. You are flipping at best or VERY dominated at worst.

In that situation, I would hope to have some read on Villian. That late in the tournament I would not shove without knowing he was folding. Would raise 2.5-4x BB. I see an A on the flop and think that in his range etc......

SoCal

TheGiantAsian

TheGiantAsian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wretched call from the bb fersure. The shove was a bit wreckless on your part. You were deep enough for a standard 3X-4X pf. If called you take it to the streets and figure it out from there

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have raised it up but not have gone all in as you are way too deep and should not risk going out with a hand like this. 77 is a flip vs an all in call of and if called you are at a flip at best if not dominated. I would have raised a bit higher than normal since if the BB calls we are out of position. I would have raised to 2000. I would have gone into checking it down mode on the flop depending on the cards that come but if the BB started to bet you were more likely than not beat.

How the heck did the BB call you with A10o is amazing.

Yeah I think it was actually a decent play to isolate but you put too many chips at risk. The A10 calling was the wrong play. he must have thought you were trying to steal or just made a bad play.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That aggressive play by BB. Can understand if BB shove with AK or AQ
But considering it’s 4max.Ax is usually the better hand. I think you going all in against a really insignificant small stack tells him you are really relatively weak like J-8 and trying to isolate I think he was just as surprise you had 77 as you were he had AT offsuit

You move wasn’t bad If you raise light then he goes over the top. Then what?
If you raise heavy then he might fold but what if he 3bets you ? Which is more likely since he went all in
Flat calling likely would have been best option considering the blinds were relatively small at this stage
I don’t have experience in 4 max but I imagine there is a lot blind stealing
There are crazy defenders of blinds that will defend with mediocre hands

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the Bounty ratio, would have bumped it to about 5-6BB and folded after the flop or if he went all in. He called because he's picking up 2 bounties and most players are not astute enough to know they're almost always behind with A10 in that situation.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a standard raise with 77 would have yielded the same information and the same result after the result, without losing the entire stack. The primary goal for the two big stacks in this hand should be to get rid of the small stack, so close to the pay line.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Wow, this player has iron nerves. I think, that all in is not profit for this challenge and you should play more careful.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being so close to being ITM a fold would’ve been my choice here there’s too better hands out there.