Right move wrong result

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Total posts
Welcome to poker. Though risking 50 bb calling all in even with AJs this deep, I don’t know. I would have folded there. Even though you were ahead probably thinking, correctly, that the big stack was being a bully, to me not worth it. Could easily be dominated against AQ or AK. Would have waited for a better opportunity then to risk it there. Especially with the couple of very short stacks at your table and probably some at other table too. One day, all your plays will work out I’m sure but don’t think this was a good call.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Good call? Bad call?

Welcome to poker. Though risking 50 bb calling all in even with AJs this deep, I don’t know. I would have folded there. Even though you were ahead probably thinking, correctly, that the big stack was being a bully, to me not worth it. Could easily be dominated against AQ or AK. Would have waited for a better opportunity then to risk it there. Especially with the couple of very short stacks at your table and probably some at other table too. One day, all your plays will work out I’m sure but don’t think this was a good call.

In hindsight I’d have to agree, however this villain had twice previously shoved when I had raised and really I felt like he was just pushing….which it turns out he was…and he got the luck of the draw….it’s poker:):):)

D

dengamingdash

Rising Star
Total posts
Well after approximately 3 months of not ITM, finally in todays CC Freeroll I survived to the last 11 and then Variance caught up with me:

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524TdpIYA
:):):)

Haha, you probably won't believe how many times I was knocked out by opponents with the same outcome as you showed. I guess it is the luck part of poker where you really can't do much but hope that the opponent doesn't get there. But in this case, you could also fold A J even though it seems like a very hard choice. IMO you did the right move, but luck wasn't on your side that time. Good luck in other tournaments! :):)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Total posts
Awards
UA
Hi.
In my opinion, the main thing is to be patient and make good, quality decisions. The main thing is the right game, and good results will appear by themselves over time.
Good luck.

63burner

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
logical call, considering position and survival..

You played very well there to get to 11. I would have done the same play.
I would have no regrets on your play; well done; didn't catch that last hand, simple as that.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
you seem to have had a good read on him thats why you called and it was the right decision

disgusting outcome though

happens to me (too) often

LFC_yllnwa

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Congratulations on your long-awaited arrival at the final table. Did I read the right move? But I didn't see it after watching your replay... Each player plays differently, and each player has a plan and strategy, but if you had such an advantage at the final table, I can say, that you yourself give or lost a very good amount of money... I don't see any reason to go all-in against the leader of the table when you have a second and very large stack (relative to other players at the table)... I think this is a big mistake... You've lost a lot, against what you could have earned... A very strange decision... And no, it's not surprising when you've lost.. You were punished.. :(

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Gotta play the blinds & the math & the odds, not just player tendencies ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
With 11 players left ICM becomes fairly important, and as a large stack we want to avoid confrontations with other large stacks if possible. I can understand the call, if you had a read, he was rejamming this light. However the more standard line would be to fold and wait for 2 more people to bust, so that you were at the final table, and with a bit of luck with a better position relative to this guy. You can also raise smaller than 3BB to give him a worse risk-reward to make this wild move.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Total posts
Hi!:ciao:
In my opinion, you played well-the opponent was just lucky.(as you say, you had notes about it).The main thing is to play your game.Just at the final stage, it is not worth risking all the chips with border cards.Even JJ, QQ is not worth it.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Total posts
This is not variance, but a mistake.
You have the second stack at the table and are guaranteed to make on the final table.
What was your plan at this stage of the tournament?
The main plan is the final table, not knocking out the big stack.
Therefore, you shouldn't have played with this hand.
Especially if you knew a bigger stack would go all-in.
Pay attention, your opponent did not risk anything, and you?
62.5bb versus 48.2bb, the difference is 14.3bb.
On the BTN- 37.5 bb
On the BB - 5.8 bb
On the UTG – 14,8 bb

Last edited: