Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I play a long tournament, there is a psychological fatigue
After such a tournament, I prefer to take the dog and go for a walk
what are you doing if you want to relax?

Attachments

• 11061759_736266126492487_2775314061143623543_n.jpg
    11061759_736266126492487_2775314061143623543_n.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 70
NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the weather is nice and its daytime I will go outside for a bit but if its nasty outside I will generally play a game or watch some Youtube or Twitch.

If I play alot of tornaments in a row for a few days in a row I always take a full day away from all things poker.

B

boonvech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i play , usually take several hours then sleeping is my best relaxation.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
After a long tournament, I go out and take a long walk!

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice, i have a boxer with doverman.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so it turns out that I play tournaments at night. And usually I go to bed, even a couple of hours before a work day. If this happens several days in a row. I try to sleep at weekends longer.
And preferably a few days without poker, until I start to feel rested.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a long poker maraphone i'm starting my cnc machines and begin to produce things. While router and lathe are working i'm welding and using hammer. I'm using tools to create things for a better living instead of buying things created by someone else. I just don't see the time runing when i work with wood and metal, after 16-18 hours i'm so tired, you call me "dead meat" But when i wake up and see what i've done, see what people think about what i've done - i begin to feel like "supercharge" for my brain and body. I clearly see that i need to win again to buy some more advanced tools and that's the goal for another poker war. I've tried resting in past, like TS says - walking out with the dog, camping, carting, shooting and such. But it's just a little charge, more like "rest", not like i said before "the supercharge" that the process of creation is giving me. My dog died in 2016, and i felt myself empty for long time, but the death of my friend teached me something new, so i'm grateful for his time spent with me and for the lesson i've learned after he left me.

It actually depends on each persons psycho type, introverts need little time to recover, cause sitting and playing poker online is one of the things that actually charges introvert people. I'm an extrovert, online poker and toolworking are things that i like to do, but they're not charging my battery at all, instead they're draining it. I have to go out, talk to the people, show them results of my work, results of my poker progress. This is what actually charge my battery, while online poker, wood and metalworking are draining it. And for me it's not enough to see the relatives each day, i simply need more people to charge the battery. However i can't ignore the fact that these i like to do these things that are good for introverts(poker\solo working). So the best answer on relaxation after the gambling is 1) understanding yourself, who you are and who do you need 2) after answering the 1st part - simply do what's best for you and for you only. There is simply no universal solution for everybody.

Sergiy777

Sergiy777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eat and sleep :) Cos I start play in the evening and when I'm over, already late night outside.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can wake my wife at night and start to pester her if the session was too bad))) well that she understands me)))

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Visit Uncle Jack for a few sips.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go lay in bed and either look on my phone or fall asleep.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can wake my wife at night and start to pester her if the session was too bad))) well that she understands me)))
ahahahahahahah
you really know how to relax :) ;)

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know what to do, I do not play poker, I do not play poker, I do not play poker, I do not play poker. I play poker very late, I'm playing very aggressive, I'm very stressed and I end up putting anger on the table. for another I lose many chips. or gain

S

shaleta

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I go to sleep. I get tired and its best to take some time and relax.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the money in poker is usually won by people who are in a bad emotional state, so that not to become so you need to be distracted from the game, meeting with friends, and making walks in nature.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play my ps4....Now i am playing FIFA17...

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink mineral water,Starbuck's, or hot chocolate.

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually relax by playing video games, or practicing physical exercises. I also go out with my son, play soccer with him.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a long exhausting Final Table I just don't play poker anymore. It feels like getting kicked out of Champions League and start again in Kindergarden. I might play some freerolls to throw away while I am watching a movie, and maybe I will play some later, if I can hook up easily. But not that much brainwork please...
Walking the dog is a daily recreation anyway, once a day you need fresh air.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me it's just sports when I finished a session that started at the early morning I usually go out and workout if is still early sleep then on the afternoon I go out and play some soccer o basketball :D

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A long walk with my Golden Retriever :)