JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Regular is just better. Turbo SnGs is crazy, you depend more on lucky.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
For SnG I'd always take regular over turbo. The amount of people playing is not high enough to justify going for turbo. As stated turbo and especially hyper formats are way more "luck" based as you don't play huge amounts of hands and you're in all in state quite quickly. If we're talking about micro MTT with 4k or more people I'd completely understand going for turbo format though. You don't want to sit behind your PC or watching at your phone for 8 hours to earn 1$.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I prefer the most the 6-max turbo format. For me, the advantage is that they take less time
and therefore also fit better into my concentration time. But of course, you need to open your range with these games.
If you are a beginner and you are still building up a bankroll, I would recommend you the 9-handed at normal speed.
They have less variance compared to turbo formats.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
turbo mode is cool because people walk faster and you don't have to wait for people so long in a regular game, people think so long and the game goes on so long that you think damn it when it ends sooner

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Regular will always be better, as it has a much lower variance than turbos.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
REgular is great as if you are card dead you have more of a chance to wait it out and hope for a playable hand. Turbos are great if you lack the time to play a full game but if you dont get a playable hand quickly you could just end up way to short way to quickly

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like turbo. When I play SNGs or MTTs I always look for a longest blinds available

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want to maximize your hrly earnings, so whatever combination that allows you to do that is the way to go. Turbos usually allow for lower ROIs but often they allow for a higher hrly.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main advantage of regular speed SnGs is, that you get to play more hands with deeper stacks on average. This is better for developing postflop skills, and it allow for skill edges to show more. The disadvantage is, it takes more time to play a regular speed SnG. On some sites like pokerstars the rake is also higher, and there is significantly less action. So you might need to wait longer for a game to start, and you cant even play formats like 18-man or Fifty/50, if you want regular speed.