Regular tournament ranges

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In regular tournaments (micro stakes), What kind of opening ranges would we be looking it? 21%? (Let’s say a tournament such as the bigger 3.30 on PS)

Then aggression wise, is it better to be extra aggressive at the start of these type of tourneys?

With it being so deep stack I do believe myself we are better taking a linear line within these tournaments. Would there be any reason other than player type, (which is hard to judge on fresh tables without data) to play a more polarised range in most spots whilst we are so deep?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer to most of these questions is player dependent but since this is early we dont have a lot of info on many or any of the opponents. As far as the opening range is concerned I would stick to what your normal play is but if you are looking for something specific I would say to tighten up a bit more than you think. When the tournament is in pre ante stage you can play a little more conservative since there is not as much in the middle every hand to fight over. Once the antes hit you should open up your range a bit more as there will be more in the middle. The ante vs pre ante also should define your aggression as well.

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In regular tournaments (micro stakes), What kind of opening ranges would we be looking it? 21%? (Let’s say a tournament such as the bigger 3.30 on PS)

Then aggression wise, is it better to be extra aggressive at the start of these type of tourneys?

With it being so deep stack I do believe myself we are better taking a linear line within these tournaments. Would there be any reason other than player type, (which is hard to judge on fresh tables without data) to play a more polarised range in most spots whilst we are so deep?

Good night brother. In my opinion tournaments of this type should be played in a more linear way as stated, the aggressive style should be adopted only in the bubble and at the exact hours, when there is the greatest possibility of extracting chips.