Registering for tournaments early

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I have been registering for tournaments early and either forgetting about them or falling asleep and missing a big portion of the tournament or missing the tournament altogether. Luckily it's just been freeroll and a few small buyin sit and gos. Every time I do it I feel like a moron. Just wondering if anyone else does this?

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This means that the game is not important to you. You just take place and do not allow others to register. In the game players limit.
Do not registering in early if you don't know the schedule of your time.
This is just my personal opinion.
I wish you success.

Last edited:
RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enter early so that I don't miss the end of registration .I like to get in on the wild action in the beginning of the tournament.Also there are times though you may have entered and for some unforeseen reason you might be forced to sit out . Hopefully you can come in and still have some chips left.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to register at late registration in early a lot of morons in the first hour they fly or have a huge stack to play against easier on good hands All-in.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to register at late registration in early a lot of morons in the first hour they fly or have a huge stack to play against easier on good hands All-in.

Sometimes to go late is really more profitable. There are tournaments (but they are rare) where you can enter almost the ITM... Easy Money! ;)

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to wait until I am ready to sit down and play before registering.

I did once fall asleep in the middle of a heads up tournament, after winning my game whilst waiting for the next round to start.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would suggest getting a good night`s sleep,,(how people fall asleep in the aft,i don`t know how to do that,lol):D

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer registration - in advance

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I have been registering for tournaments early and either forgetting about them or falling asleep and missing a big portion of the tournament or missing the tournament altogether. Luckily it's just been freeroll and a few small buyin sit and gos. Every time I do it I feel like a moron. Just wondering if anyone else does this?

I don't do that but for some tournaments I have to register in advance because spots fill up really fast.

For some tournaments that have late registration available it can be good and bad because you can join late but the blinds are incredibly high when joining and you have to make all-in moves when if you register early blinds are not too high.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the tourney is important to me, & I feel there is any chance I will forget or maybe I am not working at the computer and might get distracted, I will setup an appointment in my calendar on my phone and set an alarm to it. I will register If Late reg is not available.

However, if late reg is available I will only set the reminder because in case I am late the last thing I want to do is lose a blind I will not be acting on.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This means that the game is not important to you. You just take place and do not allow others to register. In the game players limit.
Do not registering in early if you don't know the schedule of your time.
This is just my personal opinion.
I wish you success.

It's not that I don't care. I fully intend to play, it's just something that happens. If I'm play a tournament and register for a sit and go, bust the tournament before it fills up and I log out, forgetting that I'm still registered. Or I'll be up late and be wide awake, I find a tournament I want to play in an hour and then fall asleep without warning. It would be nice if you could set up email alerts for when tournaments start that you are registered in.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do this many times and it's not that big of deal if they're freerolls.

Sometimes, life comes a long and I can't play. Plans change, things come up, etc. It's all about priority.

Sometimes I'm tired and I fall asleep. Again, no big deal. In the long run, the sleep I get is more important than playing a freeroll for 4+ hours. In fact, this happened earlier today where I planned on playing a $300 GTD FR, but I fell asleep. No big deal. There will be plenty more to play.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've done this a few times, I've started to only register when the game is about to start within a few minutes.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do this early registration if I play already, so I am talking about tournaments which they will start in the next 1-2 hours and I want to participate. I always remember if I had registered in a tournament some days before but if I can't play it I unregister from it.

The fact that sometimes you fell asleep seems like you are tired , so why to participate in a tournament if you can be fully focused? haha And what if the tournament lasts more than 4 hours? :p

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't do that but for some tournaments I have to register in advance because spots fill up really fast.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

After registration, make a note on the sticker and put it next! There are such tournaments that begin deep at night then it's really hard to wait for the beginning! If poker is really important to you, maybe it's worth changing the schedule for your day? To be ready to play tournaments.

L

lexi7503

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i only like to register early if i know for sure i am there for the start of the tourney otherwise i wait until just before it starts

jarre1977

jarre1977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I registering for tournaments early because I would like to grow my chpis.