Reckless vs careful

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you’ve seen the poker players going ALL IN at a drop of the hat. Sometimes it works for a few hands but after 5 minutes they’re usually busted out. I think it’s better to play careful.
If some player on the table is over betting or All In every hand I say to myself I have to knock him out or I’m going to get sucked in to his stupid play. So I fold fold till I get a really good hand & I go all in or challenge him. I don’t get afraid in those situations I see an opportunity. He’s playing stupid cards so let’s set the trap.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Goodnight friend.

These types of players are a big danger for anyone looking to make a good place or a final table. As they have a lot of money on their account, they bet everything without fear of losing and I am more cautious and I wait for the best opportunity to act at the tables.

keeping an eye on everything:D

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker math does not support this type of player, especially in a tournament. They are there to gamble and not to win. These folks can build up a nice stack, but they rarely can hold on to them unless they change gears and start to play smarter.

Even going all-in with AA is only going to survive a call 5 out of 6 times. That is really good odds, but in a tournament, going to zero chips is disaster, and it will happen if you keep tempting the cards like that.

Good luck and God bless

M

mrmartin37

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i liken it to a minefield. you can either choose to run quickly across the minefield and avoid all the mines by chance, or you can choose to tread slowly and carefully hoping to detect any mines that may be visible, obviously the second option has the most chance of detecting a mine, so just stick to your game and don't be afraid to call when you think your in front.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you’ve seen the poker players going ALL IN at a drop of the hat. Sometimes it works for a few hands but after 5 minutes they’re usually busted out. I think it’s better to play careful.
If some player on the table is over betting or All In every hand I say to myself I have to knock him out or I’m going to get sucked in to his stupid play. So I fold fold till I get a really good hand & I go all in or challenge him. I don’t get afraid in those situations I see an opportunity. He’s playing stupid cards so let’s set the trap.

This is another scenario where the general question is too broad to illicit a valid response.

poker strategy can differ and there are multiple winning plays for different situations - so we don't want to be a maniac, but we also don't want to he a super nit. Poker is all about the correct decisions in the moment - there are times to play passively and times to be aggressive - knowing where the line is can be very helpful when you want to deviate and exploit players depending on their tendencies.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of such players at micro-limits! The most annoying thing is that after waiting for a good hand, you can easily lose to their garbage hand, but I will still never refuse to play against them!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually look for a hand I am willing to take a calculated chance on playing vs them. Not a stupid one but smart hand. When they double up it does not matter as they will loose chips as fast and faster than they get them. I on the other hand get a double up I am a more likely to make a deep run in the event. It does not guaranty anything but it does give me the advantage.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips

That's a very good strategy there.
I myself have tried this strategy several times, and it usually works out great.
Of course it won't work 100% of the time, but at least it is an 70% - 30% turnout in our favor:)
And you also can't be result oriented that you folded a better hand than what the villain was going all-in with, just have patience and wait like a tiger to pounce on your prey :D

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips

Yeah, and as usual, your favorite poker makes the opposite trap :D