re-buy

H

helenag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how often, if ever, do you re-buy into a tournament?

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the tournament and the stage when I got kicked in the back :D
But usually I don't

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use this only in satellite games because there is no way to go further and get into the prizes without it.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes lucrative sometimes idiotism and that at all when the blinds are to high and sometimes close to paid places it can bring money! So good luck and get paid!!! :D

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do a rebuy when the blinds do not exceed 50/100 chips, this is so that when you re-enter the tournament, the stack remains more or less game-like.
I never make more than one rebay, because two rebays are very difficult to win back, it is necessary to get at least to the final table.
In general, I try to play without rebuys and reentries.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I usually don't re-buy in a tournament, I really don't like it, but if I must confess that I have rebuyed in some tournaments, once it was by mistake and the other was my decision (bad decision), I was blinded for the moment and the way I lost, I know you should take your bankroll into account when playing this type of tournament

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the tournament has an add-on, my first goal is to make it to the add-on break and purchase the add-on, and in principle I will rebuy as many times as needed to acheive that goal. I do occationally jump out before the add-on break though, if I am fed up with the tournament or want to focus on other tournaments or end my session early.

In other MTTs its usually called reenter, and on most poker sites you will start again on a different table. So its just the same as registering late. I dont have any particular rules for this, so its very situational. If I get coolered within the first 2-3 blind levels and lose my stack, I will usually reenter, especially in MTTs without bounties.

I might not do it though, if I was taking a "shot" at a slightly higher limit than normal, or if I want to focus on other tournaments. On 888 Poker you get to keep your seat, and then I might also not reenter (they call it rebuy), if I dont like my table or seat. Late in the tournament, like with stacks of 25BB or less, I will usually only reenter, if it seems like, there might be an overlay. If that is not the case, I will usually prefer to play another tournament, where I can start with deeper stacks.

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If its a great tournament that rappens 1 time / day
The blinds are not too high compared to the starting chips
There is no other interesting MTTs at the same time (with the buy ins that i play)
So i'll rebuy
Its a lot of factor.
For exemple: I like the HU 100%PKO MTTs pokerstars, i play from 3.3 to 11USD buy in on those tournaments. If its the last of the day and the initial stack still playable, so ofcourse i'll rebuy
(And if i'm not rebuyin to play like an idiot. Sometimes people gets a badbeat, rebuy, and start playing like an idiot to get the chips back as soon as possible)

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to avoid tournaments where there is a rebuy. If I do, I rebuy depending on the table situation. I definitely choose tournaments where there is no rebuy or addon.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to avoid tournaments where there is a rebuy. If I do, I rebuy depending on the table situation. I definitely choose tournaments where there is no rebuy or addon.
Well more rebuys more prize money. If u can beat someone once you probably might beat him after he rebought. For ten BB. Dont see anything wrong with rebuys.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I rebuy if there is lots of time left and I get a decent amount of BB... not re entering deep with 10 bb

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Rarely. I hate having to beat the same guy 5 times because be plans to re-buy and just keeps going all-in.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do one rebuy immediately and then maybe 2 more. But I won't rebuy if it doesn't get my stack to at least 30BB. I always buy the add on.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When entering a rebuy I usually base my buy in on the prize pool. For example if it has a 1.00 buyin with a guarantee of 3k I might decide on a 4.00 buy in which gives an entry and 3 rebuys.

This is decided before I enter.