Rate this game

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! Yesterday I played in the tournament and it was unsuccessful. When I distribute AK, I flop 8, Q, A, I raise, two opponents call, another turn A, I raise, one of the opponents calls, the second folds cards, 2 flashes on the river; there is no flash in the game, I go All-in and lose to the opponent AQ. What happened? Didn’t deal with the emotions? Didn’t I correctly assess my chances? Or did I play the game incorrectly? what's wrong. Best regards, Sergey

G

gnarus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need a lot more info here. How far along was the tourney, what were the blinds, what were the stack sizes, when you bet- how much, any read on the opp, etc

The raises sound reasonable- I think you played it fine. Your opponents calling range included a lot of aces you would have been ahead of after the turn. Was a tough spot for sure.

Last edited:
Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an ordinary cooler. Such unpleasant situations will still be very, very many. Your actions were right

S

Scottish77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your never getting away from trip aces with the king as kicker, just unfortunate he has the house

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say you are good here to do what you did. You are doing the action you are doing (mainly the all in on the river) because you think your opponent has an ace a lot and will pay you off. When they have an ace there are 3 combinations of hands (in this case AQ, A8, A2) that they could have that actually beat you. With the raise you eliminate A2 and usually non suited A8s. What is left is not enough of a range to deter you from going for max value if you feel they do have an ace. Just unlucky your opponent had one of these combos.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why?

good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! Yesterday I played in the tournament and it was unsuccessful. When I distribute AK, I flop 8, Q, A, I raise, two opponents call, another turn A, I raise, one of the opponents calls, the second folds cards, 2 flashes on the river; there is no flash in the game, I go All-in and lose to the opponent AQ. What happened? Didn’t deal with the emotions? Didn’t I correctly assess my chances? Or did I play the game incorrectly? what's wrong. Best regards, Sergey

Sergei, I see where you were at but I wonder, How big was your initial raise, and your subsequent raises? and since you were called pre river you have to suspect opponent has something. So I don't see how or why you went all in? A small bet or even check may have been in order. Respectfully even A8,88 would have destroyed you as well as AQ

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This time you are out of luck , don't be upset. This is the game and this happens more often than you can imagine. Good luck next time.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, It’s a cooler, you had bad luck, but next time try not to go all in without a stone cold nuts. Don’t go broke, try to control pot. When you raise on the turn, on the board like that and some one calls, you have to ask your self, why he’s paying, what he could have, what his range looks like, what he think you have. We all was in situation, like yours, and we all have to learn from situation like this

Top 10 Games