Ranges from positions?

ericklam92

ericklam92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
What do ranges from each position look like on average and why? Ik late position you can be a bit wider but i hear a lot about playing from the blinds wit a wider range also. Can someone explain the general range here for situations and why they do such. Thank you

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You're probably better searching a course for info on this...

akhilbansal

akhilbansal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
IMO, ranges depends on lot other factors rather than just the position. Consider relative stack sizes and overall blinds, profile of the players on the left, action from the right, the momentum of the game, the stage of the game... to name a few.

Specifically from the blind because you are already invested some in the pot, so depends you can play somewhat wider range. There is also a consideration that you don't want to create a tight image and want to let the folks know that you are willing to fight to protect your blind. But at the same time, just because you are already invested some in the pot does not mean you take it on your ego and need to know when to let go.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best way to look at this to look at effective stack sizes and position.

You also need to consider the ICM for the format.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
look on top of the page in Strategie section:

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Upswing poker has a good free chart showing these positional ranges.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
These are probabilities. When you are UTG and there are 6 players behind you the probability that one of these 6 players has a good hand is more important, so your starting hand must be strong.

The more you advance towards button, the fewer players there are and therefore you can open raise more hands because the risk of a player having a strong hand decreases.

Equilab is a good software which presents the ranges to play according to each position.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play, you must keep in mind what position you are in and which hands to open in each position, so for the villain this is also the least you should know before playing any hand, the study of other variables depends on the player, the more I study the better you get.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you'd better watch the video to understand the whole structure of this, because you have to understand that if you open more hands later and there are a lot of training videos early on that you'll immediately understand it's very easy

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do not play at all with ranges ..because they don't match the playing that I consider correct

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can download some fundamental charts from the googlez