Question for play in ITM

N

ninja4897

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello i want to ask you all how you play with short stack in ITM around 100 Players. Thank you for you answers :) sry my english is not the best i try it.
Best Greets

Kevin:smile::smile::smile:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think it's best to play aggressively, using the position at the table, but at the same time not to play with junk. Obviously, in tournaments of this format, your luck will decide a lot.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately with a short stack (especially if the prize money is very important to you) I would advise you to play very carefully and not to mess with large stacks!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the short stack ITM, I use a push-fold strategy.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push from late positions according to the situation, if the goal is to win the tournament and not
2 buy-ins)

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Short stack will have very little maneuver options, basically you can't call with speculated hands but all-in with high cards, big pairs, hoping to double up and last longer for better payout.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello i want to ask you all how you play with short stack in ITM around 100 Players. Thank you for you answers :) sry my english is not the best i try it.
Best Greets

Find your optimal spots to jam pre.

That's both unopened pots where your steal % is high and your perceived EV is good if called, and also just jamming when mutiple players seem "limp happy."

S

SharkyShark1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When that happens to me I try to find spots to jam usually in late position with semi decent hands. In a tournament I play to win and short stacked you need to double up to gain any sort of advantage.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all!
This is definitely a push-fold, if this tournament has a knockout format, then with a short stack it makes no sense to call at all.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like most have already said when short stacked you are moving into push/fold territory if by short stacked you mean 10-15bb or less.

However I would add that we want to look to see why we are getting so short, our goal should be to try reach the FT and not just min cash. I think implementing a 3bet shove strategy around 18-25bb is also good. I am not saying to 3bet jam everything but it is good to have a range in which you can 3bet shove vs the mid/large stacks when you have position, good way to pick up some chips but also if you get called you will usually be not be far behind and a double would put you in good stead to reach FT.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
With a short stack, it seems to me to play a push-fold strategy better. Do not play with all the cards you come across. Play carefully, I think everything will depend on luck here, because in the short stack pocket AAs can run over. Well, if it turns out to double up, we switch to a tight style.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best Greets

Immediately after the bubble, as a rule, there follows a series of departures of short stacks, which barely lasted until the money. If you also have a short stack, expect a good hand that you can open-shove rather than call a shove (assuming you have a choice, of course). If you have average stack and above, it's time to close up. The wave of the first sorties will still move you up the prize ladder without your participation, but do not get used to such a game.At some point (in small MTTs pretty soon) the number of players in the "danger zone" (5-6 bb and less) will approach two or three, or even zero, and the tournament will move on to the next stage of the ITM stage, in which it is better to be ready to be active

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you should play more aggressively if you have a strong card position and do not contact the chip leader I think you will still decide a lot in such a tournament your luck