Quads and Straight Flush in Same Tournament

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This morning for the first time ever I hit both Quads and a Straight Flush. Have you ever had this happen to you?

Early in the tournament, surprisingly no one went all in, I had 99. Up against KK and QQ.
Flop comes KQ9, I feel confident so I do a small raise. KK raises a little more, QQ and I just call. Next card 9. Quads for me and Full House for both opponents. I check, KK raises, QQ and I call. After river. KK fires out. QQ goes all in. I call. KK calls.

Triple ups are common at the start of a tourney, but this had impact.

Later on in the same tourney, I flopped a flush, I made a small bet and was called. Next card gave me a straight flush. Double inside. It also gave opponent the A high flush. He raised and I called. River was nothing. He raised, I raised, He went all in.

Prior to the hand he was chip leader and I was number 5. Although I did not have much luck later in the tournament, I was able to hold on for 4th place.

Have you ever had 2 major hands like this in a tourney? Both of these hands had major impact on me in the tournament.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This morning for the first time ever I hit both Quads and a Straight Flush. Have you ever had this happen to you?

Early in the tournament, surprisingly no one went all in, I had 99. Up against KK and QQ.
Flop comes KQ9, I feel confident so I do a small raise. KK raises a little more, QQ and I just call. Next card 9. Quads for me and Full House for both opponents. I check, KK raises, QQ and I call. After river. KK fires out. QQ goes all in. I call. KK calls.

Triple ups are common at the start of a tourney, but this had impact.

Later on in the same tourney, I flopped a flush, I made a small bet and was called. Next card gave me a straight flush. Double inside. It also gave opponent the A high flush. He raised and I called. River was nothing. He raised, I raised, He went all in.

Prior to the hand he was chip leader and I was number 5. Although I did not have much luck later in the tournament, I was able to hold on for 4th place.

Have you ever had 2 major hands like this in a tourney? Both of these hands had major impact on me in the tournament.

I was playing a micro buyin event last year in the afternoon. I think it was a 1k gtd.

I didn't hit quads and a straight flush in that event, however I DID hit quads 3 times. lol

It was quite funny too the first two times were with pocket 66s I believe and the third time was pocket 33s.
Someone commented in the chat box - don't play against theANMATOR he is hitting quads every hand. It was quite humorous.

I believe I ended that event in 2nd largely due to getting 2x my stack nearly every time i had quads. Plus playing well in other spots also.

Good times! Wish I could find some of that run good in the present! :cool:

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If I have had moments like this, for example yesterday, in fact I think I played very well, but I was eliminated in 12th place due to a mistake I made, but well it's part of the game

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing a micro buyin event last year in the afternoon. I think it was a 1k gtd.

I didn't hit quads and a straight flush in that event, however I DID hit quads 3 times. lol

It was quite funny too the first two times were with pocket 66s I believe and the third time was pocket 33s.
Someone commented in the chat box - don't play against theANMATOR he is hitting quads every hand. It was quite humorous.

I believe I ended that event in 2nd largely due to getting 2x my stack nearly every time i had quads. Plus playing well in other spots also.

Good times! Wish I could find some of that run good in the present! :cool:
I have gotten quads on americas cardroom over a dozen times.
Sometimes I think they spice the deck

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TODAY I WAS DEALT QUADS
2 hands later QUADS AGAIN
GO ACR!!

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TODAY I WAS DEALT QUADS
2 hands later QUADS AGAIN
GO ACR!!

Proly wont get em for a couple weeks now - depending on how many tables you play at a time and how many tables you play daily Wont be long though since multi-tabling we see 40-200x more hands per hour than live. Ruuuunn Guuuud!!!

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't had that happen to me but I have gotten a Royal Flush twice in the same tournament. It was one of the CardsChat Ladies games and I even posted about it. Here is a screenshot of the post from January 2020.

Attachments

• Royal Flush x2.jpg
    Royal Flush x2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 3
Full Flush Poker