Is pushing here a mistake?

J

jgenest3798

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AK in this spot, I do not want to be in a multiway pot there are just too many chances ending up second best. I am NEVER folding in this position, as someone previously mentioned I am only behind 2 hands and there is a good amount of dead chips in the middle. I am shoving 99.9% of the time in this spot, and when I actually think of the .1% of the time I might fold then I will repost it cuz I am having a hard time thinking of that spot right now :)

I agree with everyone above who said calling/folding is not an option and I can find common ground with everyone above who said raise though I would probably not do it, and I really agree with everyone above who said shove. Everyone else I respectfully disagree with lol

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This exact situation happened to me 2 days ago. 1 raise buncha callers, I have AK in the SB I jam my fairly big stack (a little above tournament average)

Opening raiser had KK. I flopped an ace and won a huge pot!

That was pretty much worst case scenario and I got lucky.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 6 players in the pot and u holding AK suited i would just 3 bet the raise and take it from there depending on flop... If i would have had AA, KK or QQ there, i would have made a 5 bet there...

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold - Don't even think
Call - Think for a very short time and don't choose this option
Raise - getting it complicated post flop if more than one callers
AI - Easiest option

TimboJonez

TimboJonez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think going all-in is the right move here

PrayForSpades

PrayForSpades

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shoving is a solid play here, pick up that dead money.

Blackfeet888

Blackfeet888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove

What's the issue ? as you said it's a passive aggressive table, Limp in get a flop if it suits you ship it if not fold to any bet, let's remember 5 other players limped in and i would say this puts you at great risk so you want a flop before you make a decision.:confused:

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's the issue ? as you said it's a passive aggressive table, Limp in get a flop if it suits you ship it if not fold to any bet, let's remember 5 other players limped in and i would say this puts you at great risk so you want a flop before you make a decision.:confused:

uhhhmmm.....yeah....not so much.....

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With 6 players in the pot and u holding AK suited i would just 3 bet the raise and take it from there depending on flop... If i would have had AA, KK or QQ there, i would have made a 5 bet there...
You do realize that if we were to raise here we're only going to have ~ a pot-sized bet left in our stack on the flop.

How do we 5-bet here? Are we assuming that villain is going to 4bet us once we raise? (pretty sure their 4bet is going to be effectively 'allin')

C

Countmein

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove cross your fingers, clench your teeth cause your gonna get called. Still you won't have ability to out maneuver anyone post flop short stacked and oop. So you can never call and never fold. Also oop and short stack at table makes raise hmmmm...almost as bad as calling.

You raise miss flop c/f. Now your extremely short possibly getting it in with worse hands later. Relative stack size is just as important as m when thinking about entering a pot and position in a tournament. In other words if you have below average stack you need to start thinking about what's going to happen 2levels later.

C

Countmein

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:lEdit last I'm okay with 20+bb left behind if I raise also probably 10-20%fe on the shove. All in all allin :shakehand

F

flincGO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got to agree with ramdeebam...calling is certainly the worst move. Going six-handed into a pot with a premium hand is simply begging to get beat. The nature of tournament play requires that you take a couple of flips in order to have an expectation of getting into the money. What is crucial to making you a winning player, is that you take those flips when you have a statistical advantage. The advantage that you hold when you have AKs is about as good as you will ever get. If you were to shove in this situation every time, you would be guaranteed to make money in the long run. This is definitely a shove for me.