Premium hands vs. trash hands ...

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is annoying losing against the lower cards and you right it does happen more and more. Funny thing is people are silly enough to play low cards and then win ontop of that. It also boils down to luck. Poker is about skill and luck, it was the other person's turn to have luck. Tables do turn though

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant imagine any regular player that hasnt...

This being said, people tend to forget that it is a 7 card game and despite what your holding cards are it does not at all ensure a victory -

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be fair, every hand is 50/50 preflop.
You either hit, or you don't.
Yes 50/50 and than you lose all!
af910e7b2763769737b57988647f0f10.png

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played poker for long while and there is nothing worse than always playing premium hands and then get run over with mediocre hands and there is not much to prevent that from happening.

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, that before flop all hands are equal )))))

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I do not understand how you can say it happens more than usual, it happens as often as it should happen. Maybe you just have worse luck than the average player. Nonetheless you have to be aware that your opponent could have any two cards in their hand. It is ok to fold AA, KK depending on how your opponents are playing.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Garbage hands play only lucky, otherwise I can not say

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had that happened more then a few times in a tournament when I had premium hands beet by trash hands. This being more frequent then the other way around.

I don't normally play trash hands but there have been times where it happened or could have happened in reverse (mind you when I folded pre-flop) had trash hands like 27 that materialized into a four of a kind. so its more just luck.

fialhosm

fialhosm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've already done some posts here talking about it.
Sometimes I think this game is more luck than wisdom ... because losing an A / K hand to an A / 4 opponent is almost unbelievable.
I do not understand how these players pay all-in for 4k, 5k with A / 4 and win A / K yet.

B

Boris from Kazan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You see, there always is, you no way, and here it is for you to decide, to endure to the last, and then merge with a premium hand, or risk, until chips semimarginal enough on the hand in the correct position to increase your stack. In any case - up to you! With a premium hand, believe me, less fly) longer to fly, when you doubled with premium and then relaxed and pushed AT all-in thinking that now that you are lucky. With respect! Good luck!

bahajan

bahajan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and how often you are exposed to 27 against a raise of your opponent ?

bahajan

bahajan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we have AA and we are doing a raise and calls us and when the autopsy shows 27, how to qualify a player and what to write in the SPLM?

Drewha

Drewha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To easily experience bad beats, you need a poker room (affiliate) rakeback 55%. And all will be well. )

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how can one tell what hands are winning more then others if you have infinity in the long term , and you dont know when the short term stopped ? If you dont know when or how long it takes to level out how can we know anything in that area of math ? In order to be accurate you have to have a beginning and an end.
Also we have to look at things like how many hands were folded to before all cards are out and how many went to showdown. the only true hands that we can say won are the ones that when to show down ( the show of the hand that truly won ) You dont know if a player folded and more cards to come if that hand won.
Judge your hands and how well you play the hand and your success on winning the pot ( Folded or shown down ) because that is what your interested in is getting them chips and winning the tourney.
Thats my advice and I Stand By It

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands