Preferred form of MTT

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What form of tournament do you mostly prefer?

For a long time I did not pay attention to the form of the tournament. I looked only at the buy-in and convenient time for me. But even a small change in the structure of the blinds already changes the behavior in the game. What can we say about the form. At the moment I started looking exclusively for freezeout. If at a convenient time there are no such, then I can go to re-entry. They do not feel so much pressure on the stack because of rash push like in rebuy tournaments. If there aren't any or I want to play at the moment, I'm going to sit-and-go.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very professional approach (it is necessary to improve one direction) Personally, I prefer tournaments where growth levels of 10 to 15 minutes and not a very large number of players from 100 to 200!

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's the right decision. It is naturally better to play in a more convenient tournament, suitable in all respects. And allowing to achieve maximum results.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer tournaments with an increase in blinds of about 5-10 minutes !!! I do not like very long tournaments !!!

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I like to play post flop. So deep stack freezeout tournaments with 15min+ levels. You can play some poker in those.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Branimir, I also prefer deep stack freezeout tournaments, allows you to play some poker.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer tournaments where there are no re-buys, add-on or re-entry, regular time 10 or 15 min to change the blinds, unfortunately the good tournaments have re-buys, add-on or re-entry so I've had to get used to it and adjust my game

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, how are you
I have already adapted to any type of tournament but what I like most are Zoom tournaments because the speed of choosing better cards is higher and the chance of having a good showdown is great.
But I also like K.O tournaments. Because in addition to the final prize we received prizes for eliminating players.
Well for me these are the best.:D

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not the turbo MTT. Because it's bingo, the lottery.

M

mrT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like both the like 45man tourney but like to play thge big ones too depends on my mood

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like the pokerstars Big Tournaments. I prefer tournaments where the blinds increase every 10 minutes.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer tournaments with a lot of bad players in them, because that allow me to win. On a more serious note I prefer fields up to around 300 players, because they allow me to reach the final table regularly, and this is, where all the money is. Large tournaments can be exiting, but they are a bit like buying a lottery ticket.

I honestly dont understand, why people care about reentry or rebuy. To me its a non-issue. If its not possible, I play another one, when I bust, since I have no other choise. But typically the next tournament is just around the corner anyway, so no big deal. If reentry or rebuy is possible, I decide from tournament to tournament, if I am going to fire another bullet or not.

I ideally prefer for late registration to end as quickly as possible, but a long late registration period is not a deal breaker for me. It does however affect play, because it pushes the average stack size down and increase the number of times, you get moved to another table. To me it feels a little crazy, when after 45 minutes only a third of the players have taken their seat, but I guess, its a lost fight. poker sites are not going to reduce late registration, because it would hurt their profit to do so.

I prefer a structure, which is not to fast, but sometimes turbos can be fine. The ones on 888 Poker have 6 minutes blind intervals, and there is a decent amount of play in those. The turbo SnGs on Stars is a bit to fast for my taste, but they are a good option, when you dont have time for a slower MTT. So I do sometimes play the 45, 90 or 180 man turbos on Stars, but they are not my favourite form of MTT. Its a bit to much push or fold and to high variance for my taste.

As for bountys and add-ons I dont think, they add to the playing experience, but both formats are excellent for making money. Bountys appeal to rec players, and they often over adjust completely, which allow you to pick up a lot of easy chips, when you have a good hand at the right moment. I have taken out 4 players in one hand with AK in a 4$ bounty on 888 Poker, and none of them had a premium hand.

Add-ons are also very profitable, because they lure rec players into playing above their usual limit. This mean, that a 2,2$ R+A is usually must softer than a 5,5$ normal tournament with the same payouts. I have made a lot of money in the 1,5$ and 2,2$ R+A tournaments on 888 poker and consider them some of the most profitable tournaments on the site.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What form of tournament do you mostly prefer?

For a long time I did not pay attention to the form of the tournament. I looked only at the buy-in and convenient time for me. But even a small change in the structure of the blinds already changes the behavior in the game. What can we say about the form. At the moment I started looking exclusively for freezeout. If at a convenient time there are no such, then I can go to re-entry. They do not feel so much pressure on the stack because of rash push like in rebuy tournaments. If there aren't any or I want to play at the moment, I'm going to sit-and-go.
Players usually talk about having a tournament. To get an advantage over weaker ones, you need the tournament to go at a certain pace. But if you want to test your abilities in a game with deep stacks or just do not like to play the push-fold stage, you can opt for longer tournaments.
so you need to try to replay the fish in a post-flop game. and choose tournaments with blinds growing from 10 minutes or more) yes, they last longer, but with the proper level of play you will just pick up chips from the weakest more often than in turbines, where at a certain stage everything will be free in a coin. it is very important