Poker Nightmare

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a little bit shaking right now as I am writing this thread. But I really want to know opinions about a hand.
I went to Partypoker as I found that site more fitting for me. Not so much players, better skills. I had pretty nice experiences in the past week. There are so many freerolls so I can practise. Things went serious as I won a ticket on a freeroll to a 4.4$ phase tournament (out of 1000 the first 50 can get it). This qualification round is run about 8 times a day I think, so it's not impossible, but still a huge fact to get that ticket for me.
The phase one (4.4$) held with around 60 players and I managed to be in the best 19. The chips you have here will be the next tournament's chips, so the next one was a 22$ buy-in. Out of 23 there were only 6 of us and just 2 level before reach the next phase (every phase is 16 levels). I was the chipleader, I was amazed. The next phase's winner (109$ buy-in) gets a ticket to compete at a WPT (World Championship one) to 10x 10.000$ gtd. It was a pressure, but I was great until this hand.
tuzycp5h5h3cqynh5dcm.png

R.Burr had 32K , Dmitriy 39K and I had 45K. Blinds were 700/1400. R.Burr raised to 2800, Dmitriy raised to 7200. At this point I was scared a little bit. Two players made a raise, the second one made a very big. In my mind I had a feeling that what if...But I had to make a fast decision to make them fold, because I was the chipleader and there's only one better combination than mine. I made an all-in and both of them made a snap call. I got that maybe one of them had Aces cause that was a huge risk at this point, but how can get over a hand where the pot is so great...?
I was down to 5200, and made the next round with 3800 (8 big blinds). The buy-in was 109$, who made a buy-in that point gets 50K. Unfortunately, I failed to go further.

So these were the facts. I really want to know that do you think there where any other optoins instead of shove here, or in this situation would you do the same or something else? I don't have so much free time, so maybe can try few times (3-4) this method, but I'm afraid that I'll never forget this particular hand. :damnmate:

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Took me way to long to figure out that you weren't the one in the bottom middle seat....

Given that there was so much action preflop, your option should have been to call.

Why? Because if someone is 3-betting, the odds of them folding to a 4-bet are excruciatingly small. So shoving gives you no information.

So what would happen then? well.. post flop one or the other may have made a play, and if you were feeling bold, you could try to scare them then, as their aces are not improving at all. And by the river... there are a number of hands that would have called a 3-bet, that AA is not beating, so they probably aren't betting - assuming they are good players.

This could have reduced the chip damage you were caused.

As for folding pre-flop, that depends on the players involved, and your read of them... if one or the other is a rock, or a nit, then you know they have aces and you can fold the kings. If they are are anything other than a tightass, and the range you put them on is wider than the hands that beat you, there may be no getting away from chip loss.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always feel uncomfortable even with a monster hand, if a raise and re-raise were made by players with a large stack. If you played a call and there was some danger on the Board in the form of an ACE or a flush, it would be easier to slow down. We see a double low flop. Rivals could place bets in the future with any pocket pairs. The opponents could have had QQ and QQ, and they would have played the same way. It is absolutely impossible to guess pocket pairs, and even more so aces. Playing a check-call, this will lead to losses. But there would be a little more chips left.

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played it right, what else could you do really, besides - even if you had thought they both had aces, then your hand was the most likely to improve (ie no more Aces, two more Kings!) - it was just one of those unfortunate circumstances (the kind of thing that usually happens to me, lol)

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
So actually when there's a raise and a 3-bet from medium or low stakes you should fold until you have a premium hand to stack them. Folding here was the best option, especially when you're the chip leader, you have to play very tight, cause every pot you enter has the ability to ruin your healthy stack