Quaresma

Quaresma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There isn't just one answer to your question.
Several factors are relevant for you to go far in a poker tournament.
The main thing for me is patience. Know how to wait for the best spot to attack your opponents and extract as many chips as possible.
Another thing I think is important is being aggressive. Having a well defined 3betting range, including bluffing 3betting, will get you more chips.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well I'd go with strategy in terms of knowledge of the game, patience and a little luck doesn't hurt either.... as for long tournaments specifically I'd say you need even more patience and also more energy😎 👍

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There isn't just one answer to your question.
Several factors are relevant for you to go far in a poker tournament.
The main thing for me is patience. Know how to wait for the best spot to attack your opponents and extract as many chips as possible.
Another thing I think is important is being aggressive. Having a well defined 3betting range, including bluffing 3betting, will get you more chips.
I agree with your opinion!!! I behave like this)))

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think the most important thing is patience, the ability to think correctly to study opponents while playing to understand their weaknesses and strengths, a little luck is always necessary in poker and tactics the main thing in long-term tournaments is patience

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think that to have a good game in a tournament that has a long duration of time the most important thing is vitality, if you are not in a good mood you definitely don't make the best decisions

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In your opinion, what is the most important thing to do well in a long tournament?
Patience.
In my opinion, this is the most important thing. Skills and experience are also necessary, but without patience they will not help you. And of course you need luck, without it you will not be able to win.

B

Bigjhugodoy12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Patience.
In my opinion, this is the most important thing. Skills and experience are also necessary, but without patience they won't help you. And of course you need luck, without it you won't be able to win.
Patience is one of my biggest difficulties, but I'm getting better

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's much more than strategy, it's luck. Poker skills and luck form the winning combination.
When I'm on a lucky day my strategies all work out and otherwise nothing works out.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
And I, in my opinion, am trying to read the opponents and take advantage of a loophole to win chips.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Patience, strategy and luck.
Whenever I won in the tournament, I had to win from behind.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Look, in MTT I take it as follows.
From the beginning to the final table, you only have to worry about the 8 players you have at your table.
You are going to have everything, and all kinds of player variants.
There I think your strategy should always be.
Where possible find the weakness of each player.
I think that you should also be very clear about the positions.
So, if you manage to at least control that table, your stack will go up and you shouldn't necessarily worry about your position in the MTT.
In long MTTs or in general those of Deep Stack, you must have a lot of patience.
But always understand that you are playing against 8 players.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
other than the usual things you need as a poker player like reading ability + bluffing ability , a minimum amount of knowledge about odds , knowing position play etc. etc. :

having patience

having slept enough and not being sleepy

keeping hunger and thirst at check

not risk too much on spots where you dont need to

but at the same time not being too scared and push all in if you have to

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In your opinion, what is the most important thing to do well in a long tournament?

Be patient! let others make bad plays and capitalize on their mistakes, the worst mistake people make is trying to sprint to the final table, it just doesn't work that way, Poker is a marathon, not a Sprint race!
Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves,

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to play a lot and make a minimum number of mistakes, but the most important thing is luck, of course, because this is a game of probabilities

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Undoubtedly, there are many factors that influence poker... from my point of view, a clearly defined and solid strategy is the fundamental pillar to be successful in poker... however, having control of emotions and a clear reading about His opponents complement the strategy and help the success...

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, most important is stamina and fighting boredom. I tend to get bored and play hands I should not play just for some action.