poker badluck

F

fadedgang

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey cardschat world,
Over the last 3 weeks ive lost over 300 dollars on poker tournaments but always seem to get to the final 20-30 with like 1000 overall players. Any tips or thoughts on why i might be losing close to the end of the tournament.:jd4::jd4:

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
YES.

Invest in POKER HUD database (member cheat) software. Improve your game instantly per the advertising. I have no software like that....let me know how it works out for you.....

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey cardschat world,
Over the last 3 weeks ive lost over 300 dollars on poker tournaments but always seem to get to the final 20-30 with like 1000 overall players. Any tips or thoughts on why i might be losing close to the end of the tournament.:jd4::jd4:

My advice would be to take a short and comeback re-energized. These things do happen in poker just continue on in a positive manner.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Players,who don`t remember bad luck games are very good.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey cardschat world,

It's very tough to actually win a tournament, and the more players there are the more this is true. If you are making to the final 20 or 30 players out of a thousand you are probably playing quite well.

The easiest way to win more honestly would be to play smaller fields, 45, 90 person tournaments where you can make the final table and make the top 3 more often

Here is a video to give you the fundamentals of making money in tournaments

and if you'd like even more info check out the full playlist i have below :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrNnyWekagPbegY51h0xW4tHOFKKn_DU

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds to me like you are doing well also, as others have stated. On days that I play tourneys all day (weekends) I might make 1 or 2 final tables at most. I often bust half of the events I play in, but I cash often. Cashing isn't anything towards my goals, it's FT or busto for me :)
Taking down an event or making top 3 pays for all other events and adds revenue to the bankroll. It only takes one. :)

Many people - way more experienced than myself say you should open up and play aggressively. I think that statement has merit - when you are getting playable hands - in playable positions.

If you are going card dead - I know the feeling well - it sucks - and you can't do anything about it - other than dodge the shorty shoves and wait for playable cards in playable spots. FTs will come eventually.
Also - when you can find a target that you know you can exploit - make it a point - to play pots with that player - if you are able with playable hands.

GL

Last edited:
nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey cardschat world,
A competent bankroll management is what a player should strive for regardless of the limits. I always advise you to have at least 100 buy-ins, so you clearly did something wrong by losing such a large amount.
Choosing a bankroll of this size will save you unnecessary worries. Once again, you will not worry about 10 lost buy-ins, which happened due to a banal downstream. And believe me, the downstreams will overtake you throughout your poker career and, unfortunately, there is no escape from them. The best thing you can do in dealing with downstreams is to simply be mentally prepared for them.
n important tip on the road to a $ 1,000 bankroll is to avoid cash outs. And that should be pretty obvious. Any money you withdraw from your bankroll will damage your progress. This is why I always advise separating poker money and personal, “real” money completely.

B

baykoshkar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

play by bankroll.enhance the game, play for fun, not for money

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no hand that will win one hundred percent. So by putting your entire stack in one hand, be prepared for a bad beat. On the other hand, you have the choice not to risk the entire tournament fate on one hand. to do this, from the very beginning you should not spend chips with weak and dominant hands and try to steal blinds and pots in any convenient situation, do not play hands too aggressively if they do not increase in the postflop, the fewer mistakes, the more likely that your stack will not decrease to too short, when you have to trust the coin toss, Good Luck!:)

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to learn how to play the late stage of the tournament, and play on the bankroll, drawdowns of 100 buy-ins for MTT happen

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its probably just variance. If 1.000 players enter a tournament, then less than 1 in 100 will reach the final table. And how many tournaments did you play over those 3 weeks? Like 50? 100? 200? Even in the latter case your expectation was less than 2 final tables, so getting a result of 0 is within completely normal variance.

As Evan Jarvis says a good solution can be to focus mostly on tournaments with smaller fields. I play on 888 Poker, where most MTTs have small to medium sized fields. They do however have a few with large fields like their 5,5$ "big fish", which sees around 700-800 entries and re-entries.

Since I began playing on 888 again 6 month ago, I have played the 5,5$ "big fish" regularly, but my best result so far was a 19-27 finish, which still only paid around 25$ or 5 times the buyin. As a result my ROI for the 5,5$ "big fish" is a massively negative number, whereas in the smaller MTTs I have seen numerous top-3 finishes even at buyins like 12-22$, which has allowed me to make a net profit.

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like this post needs more information. What kind of games are you playing? How much money are you investing? Why do you think the main reason for losing is: just bad luck, getting bored, something else?

It might be a lot of factors, but the main thing is that you need to evaluate it and see what might be affecting you.

B

bonart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I don't stop playing on bad days, I would be in the same situation.
Very often, it is a bad run of cards that we keep chasing against.

On the few good days, I managed 2 wins, a second and a third, and 12's to 16's.
Okay days, middle of the bubble.
Tough days, just managed into the money and recover entries.
That is busting out 60% of the tournaments over all.

On terrible days, I bust out of 3 tournaments in a row before the money line.
That is when I take a break. Try again 8 hours later on next day.

Still have my bankroll but have to be aware that it can be a tough game playing against a bad run of cards.

Good luck mate.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players with the best training and karma win tournaments. They are internally more confident and naturally luck is on their side now. You will definitely succeed and you will feel the energy of victory at the final table. Basically, you will be able to reach the desired map with adequate play. View player wins statistics and compare the win / loss gradation to the final table.