Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Good hands friends. Today I have a question for you ... Suppose you have been playing a freeroll for a few hours, and arriving at the collection booths you meet a pair of AA and 4 players goes all in ... do they proceed? Call or withdraw? Cheers:burnout:

Last edited:
L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never fold aces

I would never fold aces pre flop, especially in a freeroll! As I see the situation, in a 5way allin pre flop, someone will has a very good hand like QQ or AK, someome other will has a good pair like 99 and someone else will has a small pair or a suited connector. And one person remains who could has a troll hand, like 10-8 off. Also some of them may have less chips than me so there could be side pots. To conclude, I think I have about 50% to increase my stuck after this hand if I shove and this is a good chance!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against 4 other all ins and on the bubble I would fold. Yes you have the best odds of winning preflop but it would still be under 50% unless you got lucky and two players had KK and the other two had QQ.

I have actually done this when 3 went all in preflop and we were two away from bubble. I folded my AA and as it turned out I would have busted against a 89s. Ended up finishing 5th in the tournament (bout 500 total) so it worked out for me. Wasn’t a freeroll though but would still fold.

Now if only one or two I would call but 3 or more I would fold unless I had them both covered by a lot.

Best of luck.

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop all in,
Unfortunately we could never cover every possible happening when we have AA

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on stack sizes. How many of the opponents have us covered? Call this effective opponents if you want. If only one player can eliminate us, then we focus our assessment on what we know about him/her. If three can eliminate us, then folding looks like more of an option.

The freeroll element should not be important. I get that most of us play freerolls differently than we would play real money tournaments, but I would recommend that you resist doing this. A person can develop some awful habits in freerolls, and though they understand they may be doing it because of the freeroll element, it might be harder than you think to break these habits in the real poker world. Play freerolls just as you would a real tournament, you have nothing to lose.

Good luck

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would if my stack is low. Then I do not have a lot to lose
But if my stack is huge and another player is similar to mine, then I would second guess going allin. In that case I would probrably fold

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
In the scenario you described, going all-in with pocket aces I would likely call. Ideally with that many hands in, the value of the top preflop hand is less and there's a decent chance you'll be beat. So as the short stack I think it's a must do. Only scenario where I would maybe fold is with if I'm on the bubble.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably all in but that doesn't mean i will win that hand,odds are on my side but you never know what will happen.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy call luck and skill on our side

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a freeroll, I'd probably shove there. In a MTT with cash value, I'd most likely fold, unless my stack is REALLY low, and I wouldn't make it by just folding hands.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose you mean close to the bubble. In any other case i pay with AA preflop no matter what happens at the table. If i am very close to the bubble and my tournament life is on risk it is the only situation where i may fold.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any time you have AA you go for it. I don't care what situation it is.

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on how many chips you have, whether you will be left with something if you lose, but no matter what, pocket AAs you have to pay whatever happens and whatever is played .. what are you going to pay if you don't want that :D

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

Come on, this hand you must play...

It's a hard dessision but normaly with profit.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Freeroll or not, I am going after the 5X chips, even at 35+% odds of winning the pot and 65% chance of busting. You are going to win more with the ability to go deep (possibly to the final table) than playing cautiously when the antes and blinds are soaring up.