Pocket AA and post-flop cracks

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, I'm always opening with 3-4bb when I leave with AA or KK, they are always raising and re-raising until the all-in is always paid, but in the last 3 consecutive times, I lost to two sets 33 and JJ and lastly a flush with 2-3 hours in the crazy man's hand, that frankly irritated me ... And always at the beginning of the tournaments ...

Am I doing something wrong?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys, I'm always opening with 3-4bb when I leave with AA or KK, they are always raising and re-raising until the all-in is always paid, but in the last 3 consecutive times, I lost to two sets 33 and JJ and lastly a flush with 2-3 hours in the crazy man's hand, that frankly irritated me ... And always at the beginning of the tournaments ...

yes. everyone knows you're supposed to open 4-5 bbs when you have kk+

seriously, you're fine. you got your money in good with a big hand and you lost. oh well, it happens, no big deal. it's going to keep happening the more you play. get used to losing with kk+ ~20% of the time, but keep fist pumping when you get it in because you still win ~80% of the time.

edit: losing at the start, middle, or end of an mtt with these hands doesn't matter, you're never folding these hands in any spot preflop (except in very specific situations). if you have to bust out on the first hand of an mtt when you get your stack in with kk+, oh well. say your 'nh wp' and re-enter or register into another mtt and forget about it.

Last edited:
MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing wrong, just coming up on the bad side of variance. Like the other poster mentioned, not folding, you got in good, way ahead on the call. I don't mind being on wrong side of a 80% chance to win the hand. Always nice when cards flip over and a oh well when the rail calls you.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're doing the right thing, there's no way I'm going to fold an all in pre flop with AA. You're just in a losing streak and this happens with every player, keep doing the right calls and in the long run you're going to have success.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to focus on your plays instead of focusing on results. Keep doing the right thing and you will win.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You are doing it right.

You have to be worried if you are playing it wrong, and it's not the case here.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Recently I played a 6max sat , raised my AA x 3 , BB called , J10s , flush draw on the flop, he first acted with a donk shove , ccalled and lost , these happen , gg and to the next game . On the long run your Aces will triumph !! :)

GGthiagoXD

GGthiagoXD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Tonzinho if ok go on my left get lol lol, AA? Well i'm still going to learn to play with this good atomic hand called pair of hand a mm best pre flop

Mano

We are in a Top cardschat freeroll until we become profitable poker we are going to break many AAs along the way lol

Last edited by a moderator:
FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA's and KK's are good pre-flop pairs but unfortunately when other play go all-in pre-flop they could get lucky it's part of poker.