Please help me decide which tournaments to play

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a winter wonderland tournament series that the main event starts today. I'm from Pennsylvania and the site for the tournament is on wsop PA. The buy-in for the tournament is $215. My bankroll is over $2,900. The Dilemma is whether I should play in this tournament and pay $215. The tournament starts today it's a two-day with three day one. The second day after they combine all the day ones will be played out until there's a winner. The issue is should I pay the $215 the tournament or should I try to get a satellite into the tournament what say you thank you and have a nice day. By the way the Main event starts at 7PM ET.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There is a winter wonderland tournament series that the main event starts today. I'm from Pennsylvania and the site for the tournament is on WSOP PA. The buy-in for the tournament is $215. My bankroll is over $2,900. The Dilemma is whether I should play in this tournament and pay $215. The tournament starts today it's a two-day with three day one. The second day after they combine all the day ones will be played out until there's a winner. The issue is should I pay the $215 the tournament or should I try to get a satellite into the tournament what say you thank you and have a nice day. By the way the Main event starts at 7PM ET.

Smart bankroll management says you should not play the event but if you wanted to satellite way in that would be OK. You should probably go for the satellite.

Franky I would not buy into this event with your roll. I would not do it. This being said if the was something really special, a "WSOP circuit ring event" I would buy in.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is out of good bankroll practice, but a big event if you got the time is always a thrilling game, are you concerned that this would put your bankroll in jeopardy?
You may have to play a level down for a bit, but at the end of the day, is it worth it?

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed that bankroll management says no but what would be more of a concern by me is have you played at this level before? I'm not saying you don't have the skill but making a jump that high and risking 7% of your bankroll may make you play differently. Now having said all that I don't think its bad to once and a while treat yourself and enter a bigger tournament. If you can satellite in that would be the best move. Now would I do it with that bankroll? Hell yes I might even fire a couple of bullets at it but I'm a high risk taker and have always looked at it as I can go broke and build it back up again. But don't take that advice.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If you dont know what tournaments to play then play all of them or NOT a single one of them .,.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ty for ur Advice

Agreed that bankroll management says no but what would be more of a concern by me is have you played at this level before? I'm not saying you don't have the skill but making a jump that high and risking 7% of your bankroll may make you play differently. Now having said all that I don't think its bad to once and a while treat yourself and enter a bigger tournament. If you can satellite in that would be the best move. Now would I do it with that bankroll? Hell yes I might even fire a couple of bullets at it but I'm a high-risk taker and have always looked at it as I can go broke and build it back up again. But don't take that advice.
Thank you for your response - it's three hours before day 1B of the winter wonderland main event. Think about what you just said makes a lot of sense. I don't normally compete in these type of tournaments day-to-day - not with this bigger buying however the times I have played in that type of tournament I have cashed in and normally I won a satellite to get in. The last time I played a tournament like that was in the signature series when I won a free Spin ticket to get in. But I'm going to keep what you have told me in mind it's a tough decision but I will come up with the right decision for me I do believe but thank you for your comment keeping everything in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No not at all

It is out of good bankroll practice, but a big event if you got the time is always a thrilling game, are you concerned that this would put your bankroll in jeopardy?
You may have to play a level down for a bit, but at the end of the day, is it worth it?
I'm not concerned at all about putting up my bankroll I'm close to 2900. I don't look as put my bankroll at risk. I believe I could build it back up regardless of what happens in a tournament like this if I decide to play in it. But I'll keep what you said in mind in my decision making process. The short answer is no I'm not worried about my bankroll being put in jeopardy. Thank you and have a nice day good-bye.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sir...play like me...play the free rolls

If you finally feel confident your game try moving up to like $1 Tourney and see how that works for you over the long term....slowly build up your game and your poker account...if that CAN BE DONE ....

It is always a challenge.....

Grrrrrr

Thank for listening!!

..bluff...

:cool:

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, you have quite a big bankroll and you can afford to play in such expensive tournaments. But still, I think trying to get a place in such a tournament by playing in the satellite would be a better solution.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not concerned at all about putting up my bankroll I'm close to 2900. I don't look as put my bankroll at risk. I believe I could build it back up regardless of what happens in a tournament like this if I decide to play in it. But I'll keep what you said in mind in my decision making process. The short answer is no I'm not worried about my bankroll being put in jeopardy. Thank you and have a nice day good-bye.

If you finally feel confident your game try moving up to like $1 Tourney and see how that works for you over the long term....slowly build up your game and your poker account...if that CAN BE DONE ....

It is always a challenge.....

Grrrrrr

Thank for listening!!

..Bluff...

:cool:

Lol
Thank you for not reading the OPs post, he’s got 3k in his gaming account and not worried about losing the 200$, may even rebuy if deemed necessary.

You talk like he’s freerolled up a few bucks and telling him to try a 1$ game😂🙄LMFAO

To play a big game, especially over days, have the time ready to invest, period.
Most every player will take a chance on the right games if they want too, even if it takes you out of proper bankroll management. You still will have a nice balance after firing a few bullets into this, you’re bankroll is not in jeopardy.
My first post asking about that is really me questioning why you were asking advice on this…
It’s you’re money, you know you skill level and comfort zone and financials better than any random or pro here…

If it was me, hell, I do shit like that too often, it’s why I’m always grinding up from zero trying to get in those $1 games😂
and yet I’ve played countless 22-109$ games this year on a BR that hasn’t broke $200…
Good luck to you if you do play, throw a post in the rail section👍

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skip chancing 10% of your bankroll, satellite if U must..

If you are intent on playing this 3 day tourney, which costs you 10% of your bankroll. Smart BR management says, "how can I preserve my BR and still play?' The solution is to play the satellite, if it's a lot less than 10% of your BR.
Any tournament is difficult, the odds are against you, always look for the tournament with the least sunk cost, in this case the satellite.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which tournament do you often play ?

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK so I haven't read what others have told you but I'd assume they'll be like it's 10% of your bankroll you shouldn't do it because it's not bankroll management.

Here's the truth if you never play these big tournaments but you really want to your gonna feel like your punishing yourself and you'll get upset when you lose a few $20 buy ins saying I should've I should've.

So just do it, you shouldn't re buy or play in these all the time but why not play in this one if you want to.

Be smart don't lose your roll playing a bunch of these. Just play see how you do see how the players play. You need this experience and you want a reason to really grind and work your bankroll up rewarding yourself with a huge buy in every so often.

Maybe you even cash or cash big 🤔

There is a winter wonderland tournament series that the main event starts today. I'm from Pennsylvania and the site for the tournament is on WSOP PA. The buy-in for the tournament is $215. My bankroll is over $2,900. The Dilemma is whether I should play in this tournament and pay $215. The tournament starts today it's a two-day with three day one. The second day after they combine all the day ones will be played out until there's a winner. The issue is should I pay the $215 the tournament or should I try to get a satellite into the tournament what say you thank you and have a nice day. By the way the Main event starts at 7PM ET.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

win your seat!! ;)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
PokerOK,888poker and partypoker.In these poker rooms you will have fairly weak opponents and you will not have to play huge kilofields.For beginners,free tournaments without an entry fee are suitable-freerolls, and for more experienced and successful players-cash tournaments with various buy-ins and prize pools.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bankroll 50 buy-ins according to player level: yours is about $3000, so you can easily play $55 tournaments and not go broke, but climbing higher is already quite risky and unnecessary. better slowly but surely

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think yes, but only if you are confident in your skill. And if it’s simple, then your bank roll should be designed for 100 buy-ins.

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely bad bankroll management but i guess everyone needs to take a gamble every now and then, just dont chase your losses if you dont cash