please critique my mtt video(s)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so, i thought it would be fun to record an mtt i played for other members to view and give feedback on. i did my best to give as much information and detail as i could with my thought process throughout the game. i basically wanted it be a reflection how i play and what goes on in my head as much as possible.

overall, i think i did ok. there are a few spots i wasn't too sure of, but i did my best. pretty sure i made a number mistakes, hopefully not too many. i'm always looking to learn and improve my game, so if i have a number of things i need to fix, so be it. please be brutally honest with your critiques.

i tried to trim the video as much as possible. i could have probably trimmed it even more, but i did want to show every hand played. there are a few times where i say something incorrectly (position name, hand, action, etc), it's not done on purpose and, obviously, i know what i'm referring to but there might be some confusion with the viewers. my mistakes and it's likely because i'm not used to speaking as i play, especially with the intention of making a video for others to watch. so, my apologies. also, sorry about the audio quality. i used my laptop mic and it really picked up the air conditioner running in the background.

i might record and post more mtt videos in this thread, depending on how this is received.

Last edited:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so, i thought it would be fun to record an mtt i played for other members to view and give feedback on. i did my best to give as much information and detail as i could with my thought process throughout the game. i basically wanted it be a reflection how i play and what goes on in my head as much as possible.

overall, i think i did ok. there are a few spots i wasn't too sure of, but i did my best. pretty sure i made a number mistakes, hopefully not too many. i'm always looking to learn and improve my game, so if i have a number of things i need to fix, so be it. please be brutally honest with your critiques.

i tried to trim the video as much as possible. i could have probably trimmed it even more, but i did want to show every hand played. there are a few times where i say something incorrectly (position name, hand, action, etc), it's not done on purpose and, obviously, i know what i'm referring to but there might be some confusion with the viewers. my mistakes and it's likely because i'm not used to speaking as i play, especially with the intention of making a video for others to watch. so, my apologies. also, sorry about the audio quality. i used my laptop mic and it really picked up the air conditioner running in the background.

i might record and post more mtt videos in this thread, depending on how this is received.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyUMTYWpcFk

Thank you for posting

48 minutes is a little long to watch and then critique.

In the K7 hand on the btn it is not a bluff open as K7 is ahead of many of the blinds hands.

Several of your V are shoving AQoff not raising it so your note could be that those V fear to play post flop due to too many players calling wide. One strat is to limp JJ plus and call all shoves from those players.

Stopped at the 66 hand. If your V are shoving 30bb stacks limping with small pairs EP is not +EV.

You posted about wanting to have a big MTT win in another post. Can you afford to play in larger buy-in MTTs? If yes you want to try to not buy-in below $5. You will have bigger downswings in total dollars but you will be able to apply post flop skills more often in the bigger buy-ins. Post flop skills are where we increase our edges beyond raw equity.

Hope this helps
:):)

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
excellent, I'm going to see it, if you want we could record videos together.