P

pokerpkb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hi,

I'm new to this community and I have a question regarding the incomplete raise rule as per TDA

Blinds - 1000/2000

UTG (40K) limps in for 2000
MP( 45K) raises to 5500
Cutoff(7.9K) shoves all in for 7900
everyone else folded

My question is whether the UTG who initially limped in as the option to Reraise? or he can only call the all in or fold?

also whether the MP player has the option to reraise when the UTG decided to call the all-in bet?

Thanks in advance.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I am not familiar with the TDA rules but logically thinking - why would they differ from the general rules of NLH where any player can call or raise when it is their turn to act?

So my answer to your both questions is YES.

And welcome to Cardschat (y)

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

I'm new to this community and I have a question regarding the incomplete raise rule as per TDA

Blinds - 1000/2000

MP( 45K) raises to 5500
everyone else folded

My question is whether the UTG who initially limped in as the option to Reraise? or he can only call the all in or fold?

also whether the MP player has the option to reraise when the UTG decided to call the all-in bet?

Thanks in advance.
Howdy, probably unnoticed online because bets & raises are auto computed and allowed options are just presented, but playing live should have understanding of the TDA rules for bets & raises.

The raise amount is “the largest prior full bet or raise of the current betting round”.

In the hand, action returns to UTG with a total raise of 5.9k (previous MP limped in 2k) & since its a full raise, the betting is re-opened and can fold, call, or raise here. But just calls the 7.9k all-in.

Action is on MP. Because 2.4k is not a full raise (previous MP called 2k UTG bet & raised 3.5k for 5.5k total), betting for MP is not re-opened and can either call with 2.4k more or fold, he cannot raise.

I have this feeling you already know the answer to your question. Is this a test? hahaha

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi,

Blinds - 1000/2000

MP( 45K) raises to 5500
everyone else folded

Thanks in advance.
At a glance, UTG can raise, but if UTG flats, MP can only call.

If UTG opts to raise, that reopens the raising option to MP but that option is not available if UTG calls the incomplete raise.
I am not familiar with the TDA rules but logically thinking - why would they differ from the general rules of NLH where any player can call or raise when it is their turn to act?

So my answer to your both questions is YES.

And welcome to Cardschat (y)
In the instance of an incomplete raise, if the following player calls that incomplete raise, following players are unable to raise further, and may only call or fold on that street.
Howdy, probably unnoticed online because bets & raises are auto computed and allowed options are just presented, but playing live should have understanding of the TDA rules for bets & raises.

The raise amount is “the largest prior full bet or raise of the current betting round”.

In the hand, action returns to UTG with a total raise of 5.9k (previous MP limped in 2k) & since its a full raise, the betting is re-opened and can fold, call, or raise here. But just calls the 7.9k all-in.

Action is on MP. Because 2.4k is not a full raise (previous MP called 2k UTG bet & raised 3.5k for 5.5k total), betting for MP is not re-opened and can either call with 2.4k more or fold, he cannot raise.

I have this feeling you already know the answer to your question. Is this a test? hahaha
You seem to have some of the HH details confused, at least in your post if not in your mind… :giggle:

~EDiT:- A very warm welcome to CardsChat pokerpkb, great post and good question! (y)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Kindly clarify my confusion. Thanks.
It could be my confusion or me misunderstanding what you were saying but predominantly here:

…(previous MP limped in 2k) …
In the given HH MP raised, not limped, UTG limped, MP raised.

That could be a typo or some other mix up, which is why I mentioned the confusion might simply be in your post, but not your mind… :giggle:

Everything else you said appears correct to me, UTG has all three options but if UTG calls, MP cannot raise but may only call or fold.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It could be my confusion or me misunderstanding what you were saying but predominantly here:

In the given HH MP raised, not limped, UTG limped, MP raised.

That could be a typo or some other mix up, which is why I mentioned the confusion might simply be in your post, but not your mind… :giggle:

Everything else you said appears correct to me, UTG has all three options but if UTG calls, MP cannot raise but may only call or fold.
Aww, you're right. Typo err... should be (previous UTG limped in 2k). Thanks for the catch. :)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Aww, you're right. Typo err... should be (previous UTG limped in 2k). Thanks for the catch. :)
No worries!

If you like I could correct that typo in your first post and scrub later references to it and it can be our little secret..? 😉😊

Everyone loves a good whitewash cover-up, no? 😙🎶🎵

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
At a glance, UTG can raise, but if UTG flats, MP can only call.

If UTG opts to raise, that reopens the raising option to MP but that option is not available if UTG calls the incomplete raise.

In the instance of an incomplete raise, if the following player calls that incomplete raise, following players are unable to raise further, and may only call or fold on that street.

You seem to have some of the HH details confused, at least in your post if not in your mind… :giggle:

~EDiT:- A very warm welcome to CardsChat pokerpkb, great post and good question! (y)
Thank you! I've seen that happening online, and never knew what was going on. :) If it has happened in a live game I never noticed.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No worries!

If you like I could correct that typo in your first post and scrub later references to it and it can be our little secret..? 😉😊

Everyone loves a good whitewash cover-up, no? 😙🎶🎵
Hehe, so kind of u to offer but no need. Just want it to be real. An honest mistake anyway. :) Thanks again. :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, UTG can raise. But unless UTG does that and reopen the betting for MP, then MP can only fold or call the extra 2.400.

Poker Rules - Poker Games