Playing to win not survive!!!!!

R

redwulf25_ci

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whether I'm playing to cash or to win depends highly on how my stack is sitting. If I'm just scrabbling to hold on to a position where I cash then I tighten up until I hit a cash position and then see what I can do. If I'm in second or third by a comfortable margin I'll go for it. Either way it doesn't seem to me folding AA pre-flop helps meet my goal.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its never right to fold aces in a MTT unless there are like four people ahead all in preflop and i think even then I'd have trouble laying it down, but satellites on the bubble are a different story, first and last don't matter so if four people want to get out of your way and place you in the money let them. You'll always get aces again.

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find this discussion of playing to win or playing to cash quite ridiculous. People usually advocate playing for either, but the best strategy is a balance.

As to the aces, I don't think I've ever folded them pre-flop and the situations where you should are very few. Besides, if you have a desperate M before the bubble, you probably have not been moving in when you should have earlier on...

Applepod

Applepod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only situation when you should fold when you are playing satellite because you know you just place IMO and get the ticket but there is another situation like on pokerstars --> $0,01 buyin 990 players the first 40 get money and if it wasnt a hyper-turbo tournament it would worthy to fold. gl on tables :)