Playing vs lucky opp

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody is always lucky or unlucky in poker, so there is no such thing as a "lucky opponent". You should focus on, how people play, and how you can exploit them. As for the hand with A5s, I would typically isolate against limpers to thin the field and deny equity. As played I would fold on the flop. Continuing multiway with bottom pair is just asking to get into a "cooler" spot like the one, that happened. At least you did not start to raise him, after you made two pair, which would have been an overplay.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The player with AQ may have been aggressive at the table and the player with the A5 found that any A against an aggressive player will be the best hand. In any other case, call the A5 was incorrect.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people are Luckier than others.....this is a fact

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Variance is a nasty Witch. He got lucky today but most days he wont. If players like him did not get lucky every so often they would leave the game. Shake it off and take his chips next time.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, you should fold on the flop, but when you called you lose minimum chips, after flop you played ok, didn’t go all in,what was good play

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played today! i haven't been playing for a while. Thought I was playing well, I get AK off,some guy re raised me on button, I shove,he calls and shows KQ off ,hits a queen on the flop... Goes off to do something else:ciao:
Thee end

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happens all the time online. I have had worse.

Keep playing solid enough poker to overcome the iffy rng and maybe you will be profitable.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your opponent doesn't know how to fold, you need to have a very powerful combination than the best kicker as in the first case. He made a deal with luck in the second and third cases.

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand I'm not played in but note winner as weak caller with A5o

https://www.boomplayer.com/32220562_E53F98B448

Than I had 2 pairs vs his straight

https://www.boomplayer.com/32220567_B3F274DE16

Finally I shoved AK vs his A4 but he got 235 on flop and I was eliminated:eek:

How I could played vs this lucky opp - should I fold all to avoid loose my stack or smth else?

Avoid playing hands with him for a while, if you play don`t play projects, if you are going hard just with the nuts..

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found this on one site. I played a regular freeroll with always the same 200 players or so entered every night. And because of this I made lots of notes on the players I considered luckboxes. And guess what? Pretty much a guarantee that if I was all in these players would call and win 9 times out of 10 with absolute crap. I observed them also taking out other players with lucky suckouts. The big thing was that this was a freeroll with rebuys for the first 30 minutes and I noticed these players who always seemed to have big stacks also spent a lot on rebuys in the early stages. In fact more than a min cash was worth. That made me laugh.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found this on one site. I played a regular freeroll with always the same 200 players or so entered every night. And because of this I made lots of notes on the players I considered luckboxes. And guess what? Pretty much a guarantee that if I was all in these players would call and win 9 times out of 10 with absolute crap. I observed them also taking out other players with lucky suckouts. The big thing was that this was a freeroll with rebuys for the first 30 minutes and I noticed these players who always seemed to have big stacks also spent a lot on rebuys in the early stages. In fact more than a min cash was worth. That made me laugh.

Can say that I play not only freerolls but tournaments with buyins <$15, most of them without rebuys and see many shovers or shove callers who played with hands like J7 or Q9 and some of them hit in flop. So I think it's not only freerolls or rebuys problem but it's the loose style of some players. Note them and exploit next time.