Playing vs goliath 4x and 5x raises

Jrbobdobbs64

Jrbobdobbs64

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. I play Mtts on acr a lot and i've noticed quite a few people prefer these huge 4.x raises preflop when the blinds are higher. They really put you in a tough spot when you are playing a mid stack. Personally I think it is a mistake to raise this big, But I don't use PT and i'm very skittish about 3 betting light over raises like this. Just curious what you guys think about 4-6x raises pre from early/mid and how you play against them.

F

Foldemz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. I play Mtts on acr a lot and i've noticed quite a few people prefer these huge 4.x raises preflop when the blinds are higher. They really put you in a tough spot when you are playing a mid stack. Personally I think it is a mistake to raise this big, But I don't use PT and i'm very skittish about 3 betting light over raises like this. Just curious what you guys think about 4-6x raises pre from early/mid and how you play against them.

I'd say don't 3 bet light, 3 bet a tighter range. And every time you scoop that pot it's a decent pay day.

jozsef1990

jozsef1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, the very basic things can be hung freeroron not apply eg 100K as many pushes back the start everything is still 72 away is ridiculous and often AK Bukoba!

Jrbobdobbs64

Jrbobdobbs64

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very tempting to ship 20 bbs or less over them with AK AQ 10 10+. This can get you in trouble too depending on position. They trainwreck you into a hand alot

bprpm

bprpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When u have players u are against agressive player that will be good if know how to deal with those players, easy fold bad hands and play the good ones, and when u are weak u bet strong, and when u are strongh bet weak they will do the rest...

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very tempting to ship 20 bbs or less over them with AK AQ 10 10+. This can get you in trouble too depending on position. They trainwreck you into a hand alot

If someone opens for 5x you could probably reship 44 with 20 bigs, forget TT+.

Think about it, If we can get a fold we can pick up at least 6.5 BB's, which is a stack size increase of about 30% without even seeing a flop.

If we get called we're probably not in that bad of shape if you run a million trials.

P

ProntoGM

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play also agressive, but carefull, shove with real hand, if reraise player with loose style we can bluff him, he dont call with carbige

Jrbobdobbs64

Jrbobdobbs64

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can't beat them join them. I have started to use the 4-6 times raise more and I am pretty happy with the results. I guess trying to play like high stakes tourney players just doesn't work in low stakes and you just have to mongo raise if you want to win the blinds and antes uncontested sometimes. That gripsed dude said it was professional to raise 2.2 times the blind but to me 2.x raises are just like trying to use some jedi mind trick on people. It's great when you have premium and some jack ass 3 bets light but what do you do when you are holding AJ off.

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have value range while playing that spots. 4-6x raise says that you play with amatour. So uou should understand that you play with fish player with good starting hand.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you have good cards, AA, AK... you can join easily. If you think that something good will come even if you do not have strong cards, depends from your instinct!