Playing suited hands

V

veganman

Rising Star
Total posts
hello community,
How often you play suited rags in late positions vs a early position open? In a mtt variant
Is the readings you make from the player who opens important? Or is more important the pot odds involved....
Tx for the reading

E

eetenor

Legend
Total posts
Awards
hello community,
How often you play suited rags in late positions vs a early position open? In a mtt variant
Is the readings you make from the player who opens important? Or is more important the pot odds involved....
Tx for the reading

Thank you for posting.

If there is only one player in the pot and others will not be calling then odds are less important as we will have trouble realizing those odds. It will be very difficult to get to the river with rags suited or not.

We need to know our V will check flops and turns and will fold when we bluff.

Hope this helps
:):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Never. To enter a pot, when someone else has already raised, you generally need to have a stronger range, than you would use for opening from his position. So if you would open UTG with a range like 66+, AJ+, KQ, A9s+, JTs+, then you should enter behind with a narrower range than this, and mostly as a 3-bet.

This is the main rule, but if you are on BTN, so you are sure to get position, and the players in the blinds are passive, and the person opening is someone, you want to get involved with, then MAYBE its ok to SOMETIMES make a loose call to try and outplay the opponent. But not with "suited rags".

You want to use hands like small pocket pairs, if the guy cant fold an overpair and stacks are deep enough to setmine, or MAYBE some decent suited connectors like T8s or 76s. You want to stay away from hands, that are easily dominated like KQo or AJo, and "rags" should just be folded, unless its blind vs. blind or heads-up.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Total posts
hello community,
Tx for the reading

I would love to play them from anywhere if the table and stack are right. :)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
For me, one-match connectors are very easy to draw a hand! If I don't get into 2 pairs or a monster draw, then it is easily reset to aggression!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Total posts
Awards
UA
hello community,
Tx for the reading

Hi.
Welcome to our community.
You asked a good question and I assure you that you will find the answer to it in our free course. Thanks to our free course, many players have already achieved good results.
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/
Try it today.
Good luck.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Total posts
I like to play suited one gappers from late position facing a limp or raise with multiple opponents. Position is huge to realize wins with these types of hands and they can be especially profitable if deep stacked.

That said, I probably wouldn't be calling 3BB raises if I have say 20BB left in my stack.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
hello community,
Tx for the reading

First, let's drive the 76s hand in the left field of the program, and in the right field we will see how this hand hits the flop. Note that this hand will hit two pair or better about 5.5% of the time. Many players are mistaken in thinking that this hand hits a monster on the flop much more often, but in reality it is not.The 76s hand also hits some pairs, with top pair only being eliminated 4% of the time. Note that when 76s are in a pair, it will most often be the second or third pair (about 25%). To a greater extent, this concerns low connectors, so when they are paired, then most often it will be a weak pair.But let's think about the draw. When small suited connectors hit a draw on the flop, we don't rely on later streets to come up with cards that will improve us to a winning pair. A hand like JTs, on the other hand, can easily flop a draw with overcards that can hit a winning pair on the turn or river. Thus, large suited connectors have an equity advantage on the turn and river.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Total posts
hello community,
Tx for the reading

If villain raised, I probably won't play, only if he's too loose. If it's just a limper, I'll play.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Which suit cards to play and when ?
Medium and high cards can be played almost always regardless of the suit.
Low cards can be played only when they are suit connectors and only in the position.
From non-connectors, you can play a small ace of the suit (A3, A5, A7), preferably in the position.

LFC_yllnwa

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Entering in the game with suited hands should not be a problem and it is not a mistake or a bad game. But it is important to get a comfortable situation at the table for yourself.
You think absolutely right, in this situation it is very important, who opens and against whom you will play. Complete statistics about the opponents. Also, do not forget about the size of the bets relative to your bank and the size of the pot on the table. You should not find yourself after a call on the flop with a huge fall behind and in an absolutely losing position. A lot of players enter the bank and do not know, how to play and what to do, because they have not carefully evaluated their capabilities. ;) There are many factors, but the assessment of the opponent and the capabilities of his bank are of course the main indicators ;) Good luck;)

foran

foran

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
In the initial stages I play suited connectors with position, the two characteristics are important.

T

tiefgang23

Enthusiast
Total posts
hey! :)
in lateposition vs early openraise, u shouldnt 3bet, vs midposition u can mix up with some 3bet's with 910s or 78s i like a lot, but yeah u should play some suited combo's , especially on the button! :) Always look arround, if there is a bounty aswell mate. Potodds are also very helpful to call sometimes, never forget that

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Total posts
Awards
US
I never play suited connectors at the first of a tournament. After I get a big stack I start playing them in position. The reason I don't play at the beginning is when the flop comes you usually have a draw and if you chase and don't hit you will get short stacked and be at a disadvantage right off! Later on I like playing them!

Roller

Roller

Legend
Total posts
Awards
US
Suited rags are probably over played but can be profitable in the situation is correct. Late position and first in are obviously a favorite but other variables can make it playable in other situations.

619Leafs

Legend
Total posts
I play suited low cards more often in position when its folded to me rather than a bunch of players entering the pot.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands