Playing with the hooks(JJ)

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:jd4::jd4: are the most difficult hand to play within a tournament. I have been busted out with pocket jacks two tournament in a row, once in MP and once on dealer.... suggest me some ideas to play them better:confused:

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:jd4::jd4: are the most difficult hand to play within a tournament. I have been busted out with pocket jacks two tournament in a row, once in MP and once on dealer.... suggest me some ideas to play them better:confused:

You need to look at the opponents who plays what, what kind of tournament, what position. Depending on these criteria, I play hooks. When raising, when allin, when 3 bet.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On preflop, a pair of jacks should be played aggressively to weed out some players and thereby the flop to increase their chances of winning. It is best to play the flop against one, with a maximum of two opponents.
If you are in the early or middle position and there were no increases before you, then do the raise in the amount of 3BB-6BB. The size of the raise depends on how loosely your opponents play. If one of the opponents has already made a raise, then reraise the size of the bank.
In late position play, as well as in previous positions with the exception of the fact that can reduce the size of your raise if you can see no one entered the game.
It should be borne in mind that if the opponent raises again to reraise, then fold your jacks, because the opponent probably has a stronger starting hand.
In all-in with JJ, you can only go with a short stack.

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is a hand you can't fall in love with I tend to raise them my standard 3 x BB if the flop has over cards I tend to take one stab at on the flop and usually slow down on turn and play check or fold style unless I have a very good read on someone. Unfortunately like any pocket pair they lose value the more people are in the pot.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here depends on the players,positions and of course your game,a lot of options.

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On preflop, a pair of jacks should be played aggressively to weed out some players and thereby the flop to increase their chances of winning. It is best to play the flop against one, with a maximum of two opponents.
If you are in the early or middle position and there were no increases before you, then do the raise in the amount of 3BB-6BB. The size of the raise depends on how loosely your opponents play. If one of the opponents has already made a raise, then reraise the size of the bank.
In late position play, as well as in previous positions with the exception of the fact that can reduce the size of your raise if you can see no one entered the game.
It should be borne in mind that if the opponent raises again to reraise, then fold your jacks, because the opponent probably has a stronger starting hand.
In all-in with JJ, you can only go with a short stack.

thnx for the advice..will surely implement it and see how it works out:)

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, never overvalued JJ.. Play them like any pair, aggressive pre-flop, but carefully If flop does not hit you with J or you see over cards on flop.. I dont like pre-flop allin with JJ, that is gambling.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always make a 3B raise. If the call made a few players and the flop has something from (Y, L, F), then there is action on the circumstances. Only fold when someone raises. Before the flop is allin, only if the small stack.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better this hand to play gently on preflop I don't make the raise and on the flop if the table no older than Jack, play aggressively bet 3бб or half Bank, thereby trying to force opponents to fold, if you play passive you lose as JJ beats many combinations, if the flop did riras and the opponent was tight I most of those hands fold

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ussually avoid all ins with JJ i raise 3bbs but often when someone goes all in i fold. But ofc if i have just a few bbs i shove and pray that the opponent has weaker pair.

prox

prox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play them out like ordinary hands. The flop will show everything!

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
agreed , play like any middle pair, see flop and make decision from there.

Drhat63

Drhat63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding JJ preflop is not even that extreme, depending on action... Certain stages of tournament (bubble, or super early), I would not risk my stack with JJ to a raise AND reraise... agree with most of what has been said, caution is headed, almost always...

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A standard raise or re-raise preflop, do not uprate the price of such hands so as not to 3-bet all-in! To always be ready to make a pass!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice to playing pocket jacks better, there really is not much you can do but I like to go all-in with jacks mostly because I want to thin the field of potential mediocre hands that could lead to straight and flushes.

Its not the best strategy but the chance to double up has 1.5 to 1 favourite against above average hands such as KQ.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't like this hand so much... I perceive JJ like another low pair and prefer slow-playing game with them, besides that moments when you can safely push it, if position and moves of your opponents allow to do it.

S

Spripe

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself getting in trouble with JJ more than I should. Definitely learning to not get attached to them. However they have gotten me some nice bounties :)

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I raise preflop with JJ and make a small continuation bet on the flop, but if there is a top card on the flop like A, K, Q, and 3 Bet I will then fold the hand.
It is a good pair to play strong preflop, and to bind a set on the flop, then to move it as a half pair more, not to marry that pair. It depends also on the position and in which state of the tournament we are, playing the JJ pair at the beginning of a tournament or in the bubble is different, it is also important to know the opponent, as well as if we are playing against one or more players in the hand .

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
There are 3 ways to play pocket Jacks.
All are wrong.

My strategy is simple i just fold them and take my chances with 10 6 suited or some rag hand like that.

A

Adeptusuk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate all pocket pairs, i lose more money on them than any other hand, i just can't convince my brain to get over the fact that they match. I would probably double up the BB pre-flop and then have a look at the lay of the land. If i'm utg then i normally ending up c-betting around half pot if it's an overpair otherwise I'll check them. Any other position it depends on what people have told you about their cards. Not convinced I'm playing them right, but that's what i tend to end up with.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should raise the ante before the flop to eliminate fish or risky players, if after the flop comes a card like A, K, Q raise the bet is recommended but a strong resubida the best option is to abandon

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand is very suitable for traps and catching weak aces