Playing certain hands in MTT

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone I'm kind of still adjusting some aspects of my game and have a question about playing hands in certain positions in MTTs. For example, when I have hand like J8,J9,J10 suited and 23,45,57,67 suited in early position is this just a limp and then reevaluate or just a fold? Also I have the same question pertaining to pocket pairs 22-77 except obviously it's not a fold but do I raise when it comes to me?

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good, i play this hands in mixed modes.My strategy can variable much.In determinated momente i call , in other fold, in other raise.Is much variable, not a single strategy.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer to this question is elastic and can vary from one player to another depending on a lot of parameters; style of play, postflop skills, type of player in late positions, dead money in the pot, your picture, etc .... here are some charts of the hands you should play depending on your position.Of course, these figures are not freezing in the marble, but they should be a solid starting point for developing your personal range. When you have the feeling of having progressed your game postflop, these ranges will be expanded.

UTG: Top 10,7%

tableau%20range%2011.jpg

MP: Top 13,4%
tableau%20range%2012.jpg

CO: Top 21,6%
tableau%20range%2013.jpg

BTN: Top 37,3%
tableau%20range%2014.jpg

SB: Idem que la range de CO Top 21,6%
tableau%20range%2015.jpg

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The answer to this question is elastic and can vary from one player to another depending on a lot of parameters; style of play, postflop skills, type of player in late positions, dead money in the pot, your picture, etc .... here are some charts of the hands you should play depending on your position.Of course, these figures are not freezing in the marble, but they should be a solid starting point for developing your personal range. When you have the feeling of having progressed your game postflop, these ranges will be expanded.

UTG: Top 10,7%

tableau%20range%2011.jpg

MP: Top 13,4%
tableau%20range%2012.jpg

CO: Top 21,6%
tableau%20range%2013.jpg

BTN: Top 37,3%
tableau%20range%2014.jpg

SB: Idem que la range de CO Top 21,6%
tableau%20range%2015.jpg

Hello,
How do these charts decide which hands make up 10%....13%....21%....etc? In early position the chart says raise with 10% hands, are those suppose to be the top 10% of all hands? What does that 10% mean?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone I'm kind of still adjusting some aspects of my game and have a question about playing hands in certain positions in MTTs. For example, when I have hand like J8,J9,J10 suited and 23,45,57,67 suited in early position is this just a limp and then reevaluate or just a fold? Also I have the same question pertaining to pocket pairs 22-77 except obviously it's not a fold but do I raise when it comes to me?

The short answer is, that you should never open limp in poker. If nobody have yet entered the pot, you should always either fold or raise. Now is that 100% true? No, but the situations, where limping can be correct, are so rare, that it should be considered advanced theory. So its not something, you need to concentrate on, before you are playing way higher stakes, than you do now, against way better opponents.

And if you are coming from a point, where you consider limping with a wide range of speculative hands from early position, then simply getting rid of limping completely will improve your results enormously.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
How do these charts decide which hands make up 10%....13%....21%....etc? In early position the chart says raise with 10% hands, are those suppose to be the top 10% of all hands? What does that 10% mean?

I think, they are subjectively constructed by some unknown training site. But of course the idea is, that those 10%, 13% etc. are the hands, that play best from the given position. I think, these charts are probably somewhat older. Today most good players are playing more suited hands even from early position, but they are taking out the smallest pairs.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,

on all the combinations of hands that are present on the table and that you can receive in UTG position. it is advisable to play only with the hands in yellow (color). that is (AA up to 22). which represents 10.7% of possible poker combinations.

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on all the combinations of hands that are present on the table and that you can receive in UTG position. it is advisable to play only with the hands in yellow (color). that is (AA up to 22). which represents 10.7% of possible poker combinations.

So the 10% of hands in early position could be any 10-15 hand combinations that I want to play? I mean, I understand that the hands in yellow is what’s suggested, but these are not top the 10% of all starting hands....just the 10% of all the hands that this training site has decided to play with in EP?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands