Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hi all forums and all fans of tournament poker! Can you tell me if there is a specific strategy at the bubble stage of tournament.:girlshit:

Last edited by a moderator:
naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all forums and all fans of tournament poker definitely play above, but also tournament poker, but only after the tournament reaches the bubble here make mistakes, can you tell me if there is a specific strategy at this stage of tournament.:girlshit:

Since there is no such strategy, you do everything right, just advise you to pick up your handouts and see the parsing of professional players .... I stick to this and therefore I see that I acquired the game in a different format)):captain::captain:

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have a medium stack I'd make no adjustments for the bubble. If I'm shorstacked or have a monster stack, AND people are tightening it up I'd start playing a little looser, try to win the dead chips. I don't care for min-cashing, so tightening it up in the bubble makes no sense to me.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might be an odd player in this forum, but I really like the min-cash. I like to cash in a tournament any way possible so I use a few surviving skills near the bubble.

If I have a really big stack, I try to steal as many blinds as I can. Sometimes I'm the only big stack at the table and that allows me to steal nearly every blind as the other players are desperate to survive the bubble.

If I have an average stack, I don't adjust much of my game. The only thing I tend to do is take less risks with hero calls and bluff shoves.

If I have a small stack then it's survival time. I try to delay every move I make to buy time and see if other people bust (unless it's hand-for-hand, of course). If I believe I'm so short I'm not gonna make it, I wait for a decent hand to shove.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the bubble I take more risks not always calling but im usually looking to double up not put half my stack at risk flipping with other low stackers if I have a nice chip stack after bubble bursts players go crazy so I tighten back up till it calms

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this stage of the tournament, most players try to play more tightly, so if you have a large stack, you can try to put pressure on medium and small stacks. But if you are the shortstack most often better to reach for ITM.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I do not think there is an exact and correct strategy, because you can play excellent and make a very correct play, but sometimes you can not avoid losing a play on the river or with any type of play, I think you should try things like: do not take so many risks in that phase of the tournament, if you do not have many chips do time, risk with very good cards, when I have enough chips I hope the bubble passes, since in that phase the tragedies happen

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It should depend on your Stack size; If you have more than 50BB you may steal some blinds; be aware of the Short stacks, as they will move all in to make sure to get ITM.
If you are less than 20BB, play tigth, try to get ITM, and then follow your normal play :top:

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of variables to consider like stack sizes, position etc but the one overriding strategy is survival....make the money. If you can make the money by simply folding you need to tighten up and play a waiting game. And, don't risk your chips even if you have a premium hand. If someone shoves pre-flop you should be folding 99% of the time. If you need to add more chips to your stack to make the money then aggression is your friend but pick your spots and avoid the big stacks if you can.

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play very strong hands since many players are going to steel the blinds.... fold hands that would get you in trouble fold if someone reraise or go all in, wait for players to drop if there are many short stacks and once your in further and base on your chips continued to play top hands and hope for good luck!

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends what stuck size you got and how many big blinds you have left if you are with pretty good stuck size and you know for sure you will get thru than good hands only but if you are short stack and you must atleast double up than pray poker gods and hope you will get your winning hand soon :D

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are shortstack you should better to wait ITM and then try to double up. But if you have big stack you can play more aggressively because other players become more tight.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a bubble, you need to estimate the size of your stack.
- if the stack is large - it is necessary to often show aggression, steal the blinds.
- with an average stack - play quiet and tight game.
- with a short stack - play carefully. In most cases, have to play push / fold.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In the bubble I tried to play as passive as possible, after entering prizes I normalize my game.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ITM

Before the tournament gets ITM you have a great chance of increasing your stack since everyone is waiting to be ITM and people usually play very tight. However, you have to be careful because if people notice that you are playing wide and stacking up they can take advantage of it and slow play a pot where they can take part of your stack if you are over aggresive

V

vashsv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bublle

Depends on your stack size, with big stack its a good idea to put pressure on smaller stacks just dont go crazy

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to watch pay jump
Depending on the size of the stack, you have to choose a strategy.
in a nutshell it is impossible to answer.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course there is. The best thing to do in the bubble is to press the stacks smaller than yours, because those are afraid of falling before the awards. So this is a profitable stance in the bubble.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely pick your battles. Luck is always a factor.

Sometimes you have to choose, am I going for a little or it all.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look for places to get aggressive, the smaller stacks either have to get it in or hold on, the bigger stacks might take you out, and middle size stacks are prime to be abused.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on stack size great if you have the big stack because most of the players left are not wanting to go out just short of the money and will even not play premium hands.Short stack hold on if you can and only play premium hand.:):):)

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have a medium stack I'd make no adjustments for the bubble. If I'm shorstacked or have a monster stack, AND people are tightening it up I'd start playing a little looser, try to win the dead chips. I don't care for min-cashing, so tightening it up in the bubble makes no sense to me.

If you're playing to win, this is the best strategy. If you're playing to cash, then when you have a small stack on the bubble you would still play more conservative. I usually go for all the chips, especially when everyone is just folding around.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play bubble :sitout :D because i always loose hand.. bad liuck on buble