playing the bubble

K

killercon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
recently i was in a $2000 gntd $1.50 buy in tourny and i was 2to the bubbe it was an online tourny there were over 800 people who played. they were paying 64 n down. i was 39 n chips. then i got pocket kings. i was the bb. the button who had me covered went all in. i wasnt gonna call but the prize money wasnt that big for placing and 1st paid $400 n 64 paid $ 2.50so i played n got stacked by A/7 off. :mad:

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many professionals say that the only arm with which they allin players call on the bubble is AA. KK is a very strong hand but they only talk about AA.

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best solution in my view it is a pass, and wait for the prizes.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your call was correct here.

It's rare that you can't call an all-in with at least JJ or better even if you're mid-stacked on the bubble of a 9-man SNG or at an MTT final table.

Like you point out, the real money is in the top places so take this gamble and it will pay off in the long run :)

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know it's the wrong play but in this position I am folding. I will get shouted down for it but that's just the way I would deal with it. You can pretty much call the ace when the board comes.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also pay, sometimes you win sometimes you lose compensate.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends

Iv tried both ways and its about 50-50 but,
it seems this is the risk to get the bigger reward ,if you dont take the chance then odd are you will win but only peanuts.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that calling the shove was a 'correct' move but you could have also folded if you had a different perspective on your position in the tournament. Being in the middle of the pack when you make the money isn't a bad place to be. You still have an opportunity to make the final table and to reach the bigger payouts. It's a challenge I relish. When I was successful I found that finding a fold was probably the most important tool in the toolbox.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK is too good to fold in this spot. Many players are trying to take advantage of bubble spots by playing super aggro and picking up the blinds. KK is way ahead of all his hands except for the dreaded aces. You were roughly 68% good here depending on suits so this is a must call. It just sucks that he drew out on you.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the button the range can be as wide as Q5o.

This is from just playing a super tight game ITM. Was dealth AKo, cut, UTG had me cover went all in. I folded the AKo in the bubble.