Playing from big blind

iboga

iboga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be thankful to hear your opinions about this situation ..

Its very late stage in tournament ( almost approaching final table )
I am at big blind holding KhJs of suit , everyone fold and small blind just limps in ,, I go ahead and press the check button,the flop is ,,JhJc 6d ,,SB checks I raised about 30% of the pot and he calls , the turn is 3ofd, he checked again and I check back to make him feel I was bluffing , at least that's what I was thinking , alright the river is 9h,, SB raised nearly 75% of the pot and I shoved all in he quickly calls and shows AJ , so I busted .
I really wanna know what is the best play in this situations ??

Giancarlos

Giancarlos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJ for me, no really a good cards .
Bad call pre flop

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
villain played it right by letting you bet into him-you played it ok as well you just got out kicked,thats poker not much you can do-what did you put villain on when you re-raised the river putting yourself allin

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very careful! Pre flop big blend has an excellent position, but after the opening of the flop, the first one is asked and it can be very difficult to play weak hands out of position.

iboga

iboga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad call pre flop
Totally agree with you that kj of suit is not great cards but as I said I was at big blind and SB just limped in so I just checked I did not call any raise .
Maybe i should have 3b pre flop .

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kj is not so bad play but to go an all in preflop is not recommended as if someone equals you is porqie considers your hand better than the one you have when calling, preferred to bet a little and see how my rivals move

iboga

iboga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes definitely going all in preflop is not a good move .

G

Gnikace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad call?? He said he was the Big Blind and checked...

Anyway, that is a rare situation. KJoff was a good hand pre flop in this case where every1 folded and SB limped. He slow played you post flop. U should have just called on the river - u were on a situation where he would fold your all in having worse hands and call with better hands, so, no point in raising there.

Bad call pre flop

iboga

iboga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realize that my re-raise on river was wrong. Thanks

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads up in this situation KJ is actually a pretty strong hand. The small blind can be limping with a pretty wide range. I think the check is fine, but you could also consider a raise.

You flop a set with a good kicker. No reason to think you are beat. I actually think the small blind made a mistake not raising pre-flop with AJ. You put out a bet. I like the size as you are betting for value and hoping the villain limped in with something like A6 suited and is going to call you down, but again his range could have been pretty wide pre-flop. Once he calls, what you you think he has 66(along with a lot of other small pairs) is a possible hand he could of limped and called ... a lot of Ax hands etc.

You get a blank on the turn and he checks still not showing any strength. There are very few hands that beat you here 66 33 AJ. I think you should bet the turn as well charge any draws a premium to try and get home and beat you, but you didn't so we gave the free card.

Blank on the river and he leads out with a big bet. You have top set good kicker. Still not many hands that beat you but those that do beat you are calling a raise here and those that got turned into some type of bluff on the river are folding to a raise. Just call the river bet.

In this case you got beat, which is a tough spot but you were just a little unlucky. I think your only real mistake was the all in on the river bet. Otherwise I think you played the hand fine.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be thankful to hear your opinions about this situation ..

Its very late stage in tournament ( almost approaching final table )
I am at big blind holding KhJs of suit , everyone fold and small blind just limps in ,, I go ahead and press the check button,the flop is ,,JhJc 6d ,,SB checks I raised about 30% of the pot and he calls , the turn is 3ofd, he checked again and I check back to make him feel I was bluffing , at least that's what I was thinking , alright the river is 9h,, SB raised nearly 75% of the pot and I shoved all in he quickly calls and shows AJ , so I busted .
I really wanna know what is the best play in this situations ??

You just got unlucky there.

Personally, I would have preferred a raise pre-flop, esp. in the late stages. Two reasons for it: even though KJo is a premium heads-up it doesn't flop that well and even if you flop good, its unlikely that the opponent got any piece of it. Second, I would always want to keep the pressure on the opponent.

iboga

iboga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just got unlucky there.

Personally, I would have preferred a raise pre-flop, esp. in the late stages. Two reasons for it: even though KJo is a premium heads-up it doesn't flop that well and even if you flop good, its unlikely that the opponent got any piece of it. Second, I would always want to keep the pressure on the opponent.
Yes I agree that's the best play in this situation

iboga

iboga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads up in this situation KJ is actually a pretty strong hand. The small blind can be limping with a pretty wide range. I think the check is fine, but you could also consider a raise.

You flop a set with a good kicker. No reason to think you are beat. I actually think the small blind made a mistake not raising pre-flop with AJ. You put out a bet. I like the size as you are betting for value and hoping the villain limped in with something like A6 suited and is going to call you down, but again his range could have been pretty wide pre-flop. Once he calls, what you you think he has 66(along with a lot of other small pairs) is a possible hand he could of limped and called ... a lot of Ax hands etc.

You get a blank on the turn and he checks still not showing any strength. There are very few hands that beat you here 66 33 AJ. I think you should bet the turn as well charge any draws a premium to try and get home and beat you, but you didn't so we gave the free card.

Blank on the river and he leads out with a big bet. You have top set good kicker. Still not many hands that beat you but those that do beat you are calling a raise here and those that got turned into some type of bluff on the river are folding to a raise. Just call the river bet.

In this case you got beat, which is a tough spot but you were just a little unlucky. I think your only real mistake was the all in on the river bet. Otherwise I think you played the hand fine.
Now I realize that but the only reason I put him all in is because I would have left 2bb after that . still its a mistake that I will never do again

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I realize that but the only reason I put him all in is because I would have left 2bb after that . still its a mistake that I will never do again

Well that short on the call yeah shoving is the right move. I didn't realize you would be that short. Nothing wrong with putting the last of your chips in ... in that spot.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After he had paid, I would have made a better reading of his range ...
maybe it would be easier to play.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SB hooked You in a same way as You planned to hook him

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you just were not lucky that you got into the cooler and from you in this situation, almost nothing was dependent! three-bet did not have much to do with you in this situation !!! You played correctly! you had one option left in the game is to throw off the set - and it's not easy !!!!

Ledenev_Russ

Ledenev_Russ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that with this map in the later stages of the tournament, especially in the BB and if there is no RAISE you can safely go RAISE-ALLIN, a very bold bet, imitation hand monster

iboga

iboga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly how can you throw Tripp's on the flop ??
I guess even if I shoved all in pre flop it won't be any different cause most player call with AJ in HU.

Ledenev_Russ

Ledenev_Russ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and at the same time they do not know if you have AA or KK, so in the late stages of the Tournament few people want to fly out and the probability that you will be told by CALL is very small, or rather 4%

iboga

iboga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and at the same time they do not know if you have AA or KK, so in the late stages of the Tournament few people want to fly out and the probability that you will be told by CALL is very small, or rather 4%
Yes you are right but his limp made me think he is holding Ak or high pocket pairs. Limping to keep me in the hand so I just checked to see the flop , then ibsaw the flop and thought that its going to be mine .

B

bcappelli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Be careful.. KJ is not a good hand for pre flop