Playing AK

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about this. Only time i see a,k lose is if i got them. I used to think i was the unluckiest guy in the world. Lose every flip for twenty in a row then bam i get one. lose ten more in a row then bam i get one. i can honestly say i have never won five in a row.

Comes a point when you say I'm not that unlucky when you win a few at the live tables. Guess you get to come to your conclusion. :evil:

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on the tournaments. You must adapt to the players who play with you. In tournaments at the micro-Bains you need to be prepared that most of the players are playing with weak hands.

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like you had a particularly bad streak of luck. The trick to playing AK is to raise it strongly preflop, but be willing to fold to pressure if the flop doesn't go your way. This makes it difficult to play when stacks are low enough to mandate preflop shoves... In those cases it becomes very situational. Always a strong hand, but it isn't necessarily a good idea 3 bet preflop with 20BBs. In those cases, you may be better off waiting for a situationally better hand to play.