playing against a limper

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually most players who have the slightest understanding of the game will enter the raising hand, but as poker is a democratic game everyone can play, and some players enter the limp, that is, only paying the blind, which is usually weakness since most of the time this player does not have the notion of range, position and bet sizes.

against a limper I like to raise 3.5x in position, to play against this villain in position only, kicking the small blind and big blind out of the hand.

out of position I like to raise 4.5x against only one limper, selecting hands with showdown value.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I started playing, I also played only with the limp, was afraid to spend a lot of blinds, after a couple of months of playing I realized that it was more profitable to raise than to put it in the hand

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
raise is more profitable than limping. fold or raise!

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually most players who have the slightest understanding of the game will enter the raising hand, but as poker is a democratic game everyone can play, and some players enter the limp, that is, only paying the blind, which is usually weakness since most of the time this player does not have the notion of range, position and bet sizes.

against a limper I like to raise 3.5x in position, to play against this villain in position only, kicking the small blind and big blind out of the hand.

out of position I like to raise 4.5x against only one limper, selecting hands with showdown value.

I do agree with your analysis and I rarely, if ever limp. However, lately I have encountered a number of players who limp with everything including AA, etc..and when they do limp with a monster they usually catch people like you and me...

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree, a lot of limpers will be scared off with even the smallest of raises but there is a lot of trapping and slow playing out there that can catch you unaware. Using the player's HUD stats can provide some early warning.

T

Tomitao

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jadores Limpers CMG, they always take it in the head, I hate the player who plays every day, I see the tables cleaning every day, I usually have notes on them.
just wait for the letter to come and it starts to open in their heads.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the players at the table!!! If you notice that a player is very aggressive, you can limp and he will give you his chips by bluffing or playing with a medium hand!!! I do this sometimes in the $100 Platinum Freeroll and it works great :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we are talking about deep stacks, but a lot depends on the player, there are quite strong players who are increasingly limping with a strong range and play based on your aggressiveness, and be ready to get a raise

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you need to play with a limp if you know your opponent tactical if he is very aggressive at your weak action then just make a limp with a strong hand and he will push all-in at you and you will earn money from him of course if you choose how to play against your opponent then this is a very good strategy but always raise brings more money so even says a car that counts all these actions at 1000000 hands and he knows for sure that raising is the best action

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I play similarly but in the initial phase. I like old-school poker and play in the initial stages of preflop x3 and x4 plus 1 for each limper. In the further phases I play bet x2,7, in the later phase bet x2,5 and x2.2, and before the final and in the final, bet x2. As a limper, I also consider a player who plays only preflop bet x2 at the beginning of the tournament and then quite often and loosely I play 3bet for the initial valuation of his cards. Of course, aggression also affects the game.

Last edited:
MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
raise is more profitable than limping. fold or raise!
it's not always like that, but most of the time your mind works like that :)
with weak players, you can limp AA (God forgive me) and cause aggression :) and Voila, you have already caught a fish that burned right into your hands.