Players who play hands quick vs time wasters.

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I can't stress out enough about players who sit there and waste their time bank each hand, that's some sort of strategy of winning, but me myself by other hand i can't stand them. I believe you should be able to gain chips by playing well instead of causing ur table to run less hands than other tables, thats indication of weak player. What you think? Which type of player are you? Talking about tournaments ofc.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
What kind of player are you? Depending on the situation i can be both.
But usually i am the one who actually dares to make (correct) split second decisions therefore must be the one who speeds up the game ...

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I agree with Risto: it depends on the situation, but in general I don't make time unless we are in the bubble and I need to make time to get to the prize position, but ignoring that I hardly make time

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends. I like to wait until my turn to act, but usually act within a couple of seconds. If I'm against some fool that is typing z's and making a scene, I will slow down to make him mad "tilt".

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends. I like to wait until my turn to act, but usually act within a couple of seconds. If I'm against some fool that is typing z's and making a scene, I will slow down to make him mad "tilt".
what a trollo...

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can abuse stalling players by playing hands vs them
Also don't forget its probably happening on other tables too.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
All online rooms allow you to make notes, notes on players. Tag your opponents and play optimally against them. But remember that starting from the low and medium stakes, most of the players at the table will be literate. They, in turn, will make notes on you, so you should always develop your style of play. If you have a reputation for being a tight player, allow yourself a big bluff sometimes, your opponents will believe your image and fold. The most important thing is not to show your hand and not destroy the image.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I like to play fast, I think quickly and make a decision, I know what I'm going to do when I see the cards, I don't need extra time

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't stress out enough about players who sit there and waste their time bank each hand, that's some sort of strategy of winning, but me myself by other hand i can't stand them. I believe you should be able to gain chips by playing well instead of causing ur table to run less hands than other tables, thats indication of weak player. What you think? Which type of player are you? Talking about tournaments ofc.
It annoys me if someone is playing slow without reason, but I understand why they are playing slow in order to scrape into the money or next level and I just put up with it. It is all part of the game.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no point in getting upset about it. It is a kind of stylistic device and strategy, for example, to seem hesitant although you hold the nuts or vice versa.
I think you should just accept it and not let it bother you. Just focused and concentrate on you're game.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I also don’t like these, they become more and more and the game becomes so long and tedious

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
While it can be annoying sometimes, it's just part of the game.
What amuses me, is when there is a blind increase coming up and it would be to their advantage to speed up to avoid the increase and being blinded out.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It doesn't really matter to me whether people play fast or slow, but sometimes you have several people at the table who let the time run and then it takes a little longer until it's finally your turn to play. Personally, I usually play a bit faster, but depending on the situation, I find people who write zzzzzz or something similar at the table much more annoying than people who play slower, after all, it's poker and not a race. But if it's hand for hand then I don't really understand why people usually start playing slower because then the game is set to stop at all tables and only continues when all hands are played

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stalling is a viable strategy near the bubble or a significant payjump in multitable tournaments (MTT). In that situation as a short or medium stack there is simply no advantage of playing many hands, because it increase the risk, that you will bust before the money or payjump due to some kind of cooler or setup. And why not let someone at another table be that unfortunate person, when there is still lots of time to play after the bubble.

At any other time there is no particular advantage in playing slow. On the countrary if you are a winning player, then you want to play as many hands as possible, because that give you more chances to find edge. But sometimes people are busy with other tables, or maybe they get distracted by their wife or child, or whatever it might be. Or they actually have a real decision to make, if which case it would be stupid to not take their time.

If you feel bored, then my best advice is to add more tables. If you have 5-6 tables running, I dought, you will have time to notice is, if action on one of them is slow. Or maybe play faster games like turbos or hyperturbos. In these formats players usually get less time to make decisions, so the action tend to be faster.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s very frustrating. This is the one aspect of Cardschat freerolls that I really dislike.

You don’t see it in pay tournaments and not nearly as much in other freerolls either. Theses others tend to have a quicker (turbo/hyper) blind structure and don’t pay as much for “just” barely making it into the money.

Last edited:
wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sometimes I play fast, sometimes slow and sometimes I need the time to make my decision...
But what anoyes and I don't understand, as mantioned already from mina271, why people let run the clock until the end and fold, when it's already hand for hand play

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s very frustrating. This is the one aspect of Cardschat freerolls that I really dislike.
I tend to agree. When I was still living in Denmark and allowed to play the CC platinum freerolls on Stars and 888 Poker, I also noticed a lot of bubble stalling. And in my opinion thats kind of silly, when we are talking about a freeroll, where the min-cash is usually less than a dollar. If you are that desperate for 65c, you probably should not spend your time playing poker in the first place ;)

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Time wasting in poker I learned to accept as part of the game. In on line poker there are time limitation so it can not get super annoying.

I definitely act quickly. Actually should slow down in some cases.

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Stalling is a viable strategy near the bubble or a significant payjump in multitable tournaments (MTT). In that situation as a short or medium stack there is simply no advantage of playing many hands, because it increase the risk, that you will bust before the money or payjump due to some kind of cooler or setup. And why not let someone at another table be that unfortunate person, when there is still lots of time to play after the bubble.

At any other time there is no particular advantage in playing slow. On the countrary if you are a winning player, then you want to play as many hands as possible, because that give you more chances to find edge. But sometimes people are busy with other tables, or maybe they get distracted by their wife or child, or whatever it might be. Or they actually have a real decision to make, if which case it would be stupid to not take their time.

If you feel bored, then my best advice is to add more tables. If you have 5-6 tables running, I dought, you will have time to notice is, if action on one of them is slow. Or maybe play faster games like turbos or hyperturbos. In these formats players usually get less time to make decisions, so the action tend to be faster.
Im not talking about bubble, im talking from start till finish of tournament each hand from minute 1 holds till get kicked out and then they just press im back, each hand! There are that type of players, i've met plenty of them.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just assume they are playing several tables or have a crappy internet connection or something like that
but if someone gets pushy and complaining I will slow down for sure to tilt them.

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I also don’t like these, they become more and more and the game becomes so long and tedious
I just prefer building my stack with hands i get dealt, but its hard when there is a player who doesn't matter of situation waste all time each hand, doesn't matter he call or fold, - just waste time.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play ia reasonable time, it depends from the situation. Usually fast without much waiting time!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not talking about bubble, im talking from start till finish of tournament each hand from minute 1 holds till get kicked out and then they just press im back, each hand! There are that type of players, i've met plenty of them.
My advice is still to focus on, what you can control, like the number of tables, you are on, and the type of game (regular, turbo, hyper). Getting irritated about something, you cant control, will just lead to worse decisions (tilt), and at the end of the day poker is a game, which is supposed to be fun ;)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands