Played right or not?

theheeb1984

theheeb1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok so 3 hands to review all in a span of maybe 10 minutes. I believe I made the right choice but the first 2 I missed a big payout and last one my read was way off or he was just calling for the sake of calling.

Should have potentially called here as a fair hand to play but with 1 player all-in and another betting large enough to have me be all-in if I played, I opted to fold. Would have flopped the boat - side note is that it is the right move to fold there with those players as they were playing premium handed as well and my king was dead.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/124HOHgFY

I felt out of position to play my 44, but would have ended with Quads
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/124HOKhmp

I put mid card flush draw based on his play for the last hour or maybe top pair - bad read on my end I guess and 5 places to the money too. Should have shoved flop or pushed harder than half pot.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/124HOKzvT

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: It may depend a little on where you are in the tournament and if the short stacked player at the table going out is a big money jump or not. I personally think raising the way you did is the worst of your options. You have 12 BB to start this hand so you cant get into post flop situations and have any maneuverability. This is a push or fold situation and depending on how the table has been playing you can make an argument for either. If there is no ICM involved I think you are better pushing all in pre flop. I can also see folding here, even though it is tight you still have many players to act that will call with all pairs and probably any Ax depending on how they play. Again, lean towards jam pre but can see folding. I dont like raising any amount here other than jam when having 12 BB. Some will say min raise your premiums but I think you are better jamming them as well to protect your non premium jams and also get more value when opponents do decide to call your all ins.

Hand 2: I think this is a straight forward hand that is a fold. I even fold here if there was not action prior to me if I am UTG +1 as you are here. With many players still to act behind you and a small pocket pair with 14 BB, there is no reason to jam as you can run into a caller easier and any hand they call with is at least flipping with you. Never min raise or small raise with a hand like this either when you are short stacked.

Hand 3: This is a prefect hand to re jam with over an initial raiser when you have 15BB. If you are going to re jam with AQ ish type hands (as you should) then you should be re jamming with premium hands as well. Worst that happens is villain folds and you get blinds + antes + initial raise amount which isnt bad. Calling here leaves us in a spot where villain has to catch something that is not an ace. If they catch nothing then probably wont continue anyway unless they have a hand that would have called your jam pre. As played going to the turn its a sick ace but I think you are committed at that point and have to shove turning your kings into a bluff.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In utg with this stack, it is very dangerous to raise with KJ. It was safer to go allin to steal the blinds. Sb played correctly. He was just unlucky. It was right either to go Allin or to limp.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm sure that in situation 1 you don't have a call or raise function. You should go all-in or fold !!!

Situations 2 I agree with the previous statement that folds even if UTG folds !!!

Situation 3 , I would definitely re-raise his bet to go all-in on the flop !!!